+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England

England

The losing streak is over and we won the group. Beating Spain, Croatia to top the group was a fantastic continuation to a great world cup.

With players now reaching their potential can we start to believe in them and support them? Young players that have gone abroad to get games are starting to play for our national team.

We have a team to be proud of. The first time since 1990.

Lets see after we beat the big boys on a regular basis.

My concern is that if someone’s forum drops will we still play them because they have huge sponsors

Quite good. Still missing some sitters, but counterbalanced by the ability (or luck?) to score in the last five minutes of games. Credit to England for playing out the full 90 mins though - the players must be fit. The current Spanish team is not of the standard of the one that won the World Cup. Croatia, whilst having some good players, like Modric, are not the best defenders, but England didn't take advantage of that in the last World Cup, even if a victory was achieved yesterday (just). It was still a fairly difficult Euro Nations League group to win, but I wouldn't get too carried away just yet.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 19-11-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Quite good. Still missing some sitters, but counterbalanced by the ability (or luck?) to score in the last five minutes of games. Credit to England for playing out the full 90 mins though - the players must be fit. The current Spanish team is not of the standard of the one that won the World Cup. Croatia, whilst having some good players, like Modric, are not the best defenders, but England didn't take advantage of that in the last World Cup, even if a victory was achieved yesterday (just). It was still a fairly difficult Euro Nations League group to win, but I wouldn't get too carried away just yet.
    The Spanish are playing a different style of football now. Quite quick and agressive but it is full of skill.

I like watching this team rather than the tippy tappy stuff that's nice to watch for 5 minutes before getting bored.