+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sad to see Gazza in trouble again.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    In fairness, it's probably better to wait to see if he's guilty.
    This.

True.

He's not helped himself and he's been let down by his 'friends' around him but even if you don't like him and what he's accused of doing let justice take it's course.

No smoke without fire? Big story here recently involved the sacking of one police officer and the suspension of two others including the Chief of Police for the city of Bellevue for allegations of ***ual misconduct by one woman. Turned out she made it all up but they were all guilty in the eyes of the public and even in the eyes of their employer. Not saying it's the same in Gazza's case but made me think twice about playing judge and jury.

He's someone who has been brought to his knees by alcoholism and mental illness. That doesn't excuse any criminal acts upon his part, but it's terribly sad.
    One or two on this site Kerr with that problem.

Met him a few times in Harpenden when I worked down there. Very affable chap but mislead by a few and, alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    Met him a few times in Harpenden when I worked down there. Very affable chap but mislead by a few and, alcohol.
    On reading his autobiography it was plain that he was 'played' by a few who he trusted, it's certainly a sad state of affairs, following him on twitter it seemed he was getting his life back together, however he will always have the capacity to regress, unfortunately. As others have said, let the courts do their job, reserve judgement until that time...

...... and if he is found guilty what then? He's been in rehab several times but he always regresses and each fall from grace seems to be worse than the previous one.
    What would you suggest?

I would imagine trying to deal with severe mental illness and alcoholism is terribly hard for anyone, but at a guess even harder when the eyes of the world are on you.

He brought a lot of joy to a whole Nation in 1990, definitely the best player to pull on an England shirt in the last 40 years or so, if not the best ever.

From what I've read he was supposedly sticking up for the Woman whose made the complaint after she was ridiculed for being "fat", she was wanting selfies with him as we're the transport police who arrested him.

I can understand people thinking he's had enough chances and giving up on him bit for me he deserves help like any other ill person.

Whichever way you look at it, it's a sad state of affairs which will undoubtedly end with Gazza leaving this earth sooner rather than later at a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    ...... and if he is found guilty what then? He's been in rehab several times but he always regresses and each fall from grace seems to be worse than the previous one.
    What would you suggest?
    I'd expect him to be sentenced in exactly the same way as everyone else - upon the basis of the nature of any offence that he has committed and any personal mitigation available to him.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    I would imagine trying to deal with severe mental illness and alcoholism is terribly hard for anyone, but at a guess even harder when the eyes of the world are on you.
    Did the alcoholism cause the mental illness though because drugs and alcohol and two of the biggest factors for it.

I'd say he had mental health issues before he drank or took drugs at a guess Fire. Obviously I can't know that for certain but having read about some significant events during his childhood that would be my guess.

You are right enough though in terms of drink and drugs, these certainly do not help someone suffering with mental illness, quite the opposite in most cases.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123