+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TV deal

48SPFL games

19 Celtic away games
    19 Sevco away games
    4 Edinburgh Derbies
    6 Other games

Magic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    48SPFL games

19 Celtic away games
    19 Sevco away games
    4 Edinburgh Derbies
    6 Other games

Magic!!
    Depends on what you want. For those of us that go to most games it is great news as it means much more Saturday 3pm games (by the way you forgot the two games from celtic park/iprix that won't be celtic/sevco games that will form 4 out of 6 of your other games). I appreciate that for those that watch games rather than attend for various reasons it will mean much less AFC on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Depends on what you want. For those of us that go to most games it is great news as it means much more Saturday 3pm games (by the way you forgot the two games from celtic park/iprix that won't be celtic/sevco games that will form 4 out of 6 of your other games). I appreciate that for those that watch games rather than attend for various reasons it will mean much less AFC on TV
    All it does is take away people from the games though. Take our ties at home against Sevco and Celtic, they will 100% be televised and 12 o'clock kick offs on a Sunday. Chances of a sell out slide because of that. Thats the case for every other team and affects smaller teams, who rely on the gate income, more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    It's 48 games a season instead of 60. So I suppose that will be whoever of the gruesome twosome is away from home each week, plus 10 other games.

The most significant thing is that they are not saying how much money it is worth, so we can assume it's not very much. If it was a big amount they would be screaming it from the rooftops.
    though I read it was about £17M

The EFL just got £595M for 72 clubs (£8.26M average), so in that sense we've got a marginally better deal given they have only marketed it for 2 clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    All it does is take away people from the games though. Take our ties at home against Sevco and Celtic, they will 100% be televised and 12 o'clock kick offs on a Sunday. Chances of a sell out slide because of that. Thats the case for every other team and affects smaller teams, who rely on the gate income, more.
    I'm not disagreeing but why is that any different to the current deal when we have 60 games on TV and still have celtic or sevco on every week whomever they are playing away from home, including us at midday Sunday? Unless you are advocating having no TV deal at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I'm not disagreeing but why is that any different to the current deal when we have 60 games on TV and still have celtic or sevco on every week whomever they are playing away from home, including us at midday Sunday? Unless you are advocating having no TV deal at all?
    As has been mentioned a few times in the past few years out with fitba about.......good/bad/no.......indifferent “deals”

Support your team where possible whether that be regarding financially/availability.

I’m sure Sky/Premier/Be-in or Be-oot have the capability to base their offer on figures as did BT Sport.

SF

The gruseome twosome only having home games on TV when they play each other is something that just doesn't happen in other countries. I don't understand why Sky go along with that, they wouldn't put up with English clubs who wanted to do that.

They can phucking poke it, just like everything else in Scottish football it is run to the benefit of two teams...endorsed by our very own Chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    They can phucking poke it, just like everything else in Scottish football it is run to the benefit of two teams...endorsed by our very own Chairman.
    Seconded

How they can get away with not having home games on the box to protect their crowd is ridiculous. How that has ever been allowed is f@cking shameful. It doesn't happen elsewhere. It shows how pointless the premier in Scotland really is

Another thing that seems to be accepted by too many runners of clubs

10 club revolt would not be hard. It would be 10 two as that prick at Killie has f@cked off. F@ck it a 40 team revolt wouldn't be.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 20-11-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Seconded

How they can get away with not having home games on the box to protect their crowd is ridiculous. How that has ever been allowed is f@cking shameful. It doesn't happen elsewhere. It shows how pointless the premier in Scotland really is

Another thing that seems to be accepted by too many runners of clubs

10 club revolt would not be hard. It would be 10 two as that prick at Killie has f@cked off. F@ck it a 40 team revolt wouldn't be.
    Stewarty Milne isnae going to revolt against the gruesome twosome. He wants a strong Sevco (and presumably a strong Timmy).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast