+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Qos 3 Stirling Albion 5

Qos 3 Stirling Albion 5

I wonder how many of the older Queens fans remember this game ? My first thoughts when I got home on Saturday tea time were that the game I had just witnessed reminded me of that crazy game in 1983. On that afternoon in Spring we were very comfortable at 3-0 up with 20 mins to go. Albion got one back and then went into turbo drive . With John Colquhon and John Philliben running riot , they scored again , again and again. Drew Busby , our player manager, got sent off near the end as well if I recall correctly. I wandered out the ground shell shocked as a 13 year old boy and similar feelings came upon me last Saturday. I really did believe we were going to get beat as Caley still had around 10 mins to get the winner and were swarming over us. Anyway, just thought that would jog some of your old grey matter out there.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I wonder how many of the older Queens fans remember this game ? My first thoughts when I got home on Saturday tea time were that the game I had just witnessed reminded me of that crazy game in 1983. On that afternoon in Spring we were very comfortable at 3-0 up with 20 mins to go. Albion got one back and then went into turbo drive . With John Colquhon and John Philliben running riot , they scored again , again and again. Drew Busby , our player manager, got sent off near the end as well if I recall correctly. I wandered out the ground shell shocked as a 13 year old boy and similar feelings came upon me last Saturday. I really did believe we were going to get beat as Caley still had around 10 mins to get the winner and were swarming over us. Anyway, just thought that would jog some of your old grey matter out there.

remember it well jr ,and we got hammered by them quite a few times during the 80s ,thay defo were our bogey team during those years .

i did like the away days at there old annfield ground tho .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    remember it well jr ,and we got hammered by them quite a few times during the 80s ,thay defo were our bogey team during those years .
    Had a wee look at that season Dougal and the 5 - 3 gubbing gave Queens a kick up the ass as we only lost 2 games of the final 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i did like the away days at there old annfield ground tho .
    I was only at the Bino's new stadium in 1995-96 when Duncan Campbell was playing up front for Queens...

Remember it well JRS

What’s the best comeback you’ve seen from Queens though ?

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Remember it well JRS

What’s the best comeback you’ve seen from Queens though ?
    I don't think we are really renowned for coming back from the dead . I would have to think hard for that !

I don't think we are really renowned for coming back from the dead . I would have to think hard for that !

were we no getting coughed up at montroes ,until bomber harris went on a goal spree if i can remember scoring a hatrick and all top drawer goals , canny remember the year tho think it was in the 90s tho .

I remember Queens winning 5-4 vs. Berwick Rangers and Greenock Morton 6-5 both at Palmerston and losing 8-3 vs. Forfar in the Scottish Cup at Station Park.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)