+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January window!

January window!

Any thoughts on what we need in January transfer window anyone??

Now, we’ve got to lose either Mowatt or Moncur. So I’d like to get Jack Payne from Huddersfield in as a replacement. (Currently on loan at Bradford). Didn’t show his quality against us as it was his early competitve games I think, but his goal record of 25 goals from 102 appearances could help us. He’s a good creator.
    Definitely give a second berth to the keeper who played Saturday. And I’d strengthen at left back. We are woefully short here, and Pinnilos, despite having a good first few games has gone off.... (clearly carrying something he can’t get right as far as an injury.
    I’d loan out Victor, to a lower league club to get some experience, and bring another loan striker in... another big lad like Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Now, we’ve got to lose either Mowatt or Moncur. So I’d like to get Jack Payne from Huddersfield in as a replacement. (Currently on loan at Bradford). Didn’t show his quality against us as it was his early competitve games I think, but his goal record of 25 goals from 102 appearances could help us. He’s a good creator.
    Definitely give a second berth to the keeper who played Saturday. And I’d strengthen at left back. We are woefully short here, and Pinnilos, despite having a good first few games has gone off.... (clearly carrying something he can’t get right as far as an injury.
    I’d loan out Victor, to a lower league club to get some experience, and bring another loan striker in... another big lad like Moore.
    I'd go along with that. I don't buy all the Mowatt and Moncur "I love it here" spiel. If they were signing they'd have done it by now. Also if the right offer came in Potts and Moore could be off too because the club turned down derisory bids from Championship clubs for them in the summer.

Can see us needing five or six so hope we have replacements lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I'd go along with that. I don't buy all the Mowatt and Moncur "I love it here" spiel. If they were signing they'd have done it by now. Also if the right offer came in Potts and Moore could be off too because the club turned down derisory bids from Championship clubs for them in the summer.

Can see us needing five or six so hope we have replacements lined up.
    I like Keifor Moore,i saw quite abit of him for the Millers when he was on loan theer.Classy back heel he played for Barnsley's first goal at Stanley.UTCB

Moncur & Mowatt must be retained if we are serious about promotion. An additional striker is essential- Jacob looks good but Victor seems to have lost his mojo (not to mention his ability to control the ball & win headers. I don’t want us to be in the position we were in with Kieffer & Cauley injured. We also need s decent keeper

Need to keep everyone although Victor going out on loan wouldn't be a bad shout just as long as we can recall him at a moments notice .

We need another striker in , this is absolutely ***** for the second half of the season .

A back up keeper to push Davies would be pleasing .

A goalkeeper for me

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    A goalkeeper for me
    I think that's a fair swap ESR

Definately try to get Jordan Smith in looked good but needs to improve his kicking, Tom Eaves in from Gillingham would be a good shout will bolster the squad and be good like for like replacement if Kieffer goes.
    I think fryers is fine with Pinillos and Williams as back up at left back for this league, for me a right back to as cover for Toby would help and that should do us if nobody leaves.

I'd make a cheeky bid for Jason Cummings from Forest.
    He scored 55 in 114 games for Hibs.
    Forest signed him but loaned him to Rangers last season, and Peterbro' this season so obviously don't need him after buying nearly a full team this closed season.
    Despite scoring 6 in August and winning League 1 player of the month he's fallen out of favour with Steve Evans.
    He's been an unused sub the last couple of months.
    Might cost us but he's only 23 and should be useful if we got promoted.
    We need to sign players that can hack it in the Championship, not just get us promoted.
    Quality not quantity, and keep our best players.
    Surely our rich owners would rather go up, than rake in a million or 2.
    Has Bradshaw's Mrs had the baby yet?
    He can't be enjoying it at The Den.
    If we were after a left back I'd go for Dan Potts at Luton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast