+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No wonder the club is losing money

No wonder the club is losing money

Overall, Notts County’s annual wage is just under £3 Million, a stark contrast to fellow League Two clubs.

https://twitter.com/NottsCworld/stat...15120486236160

And the players put in performances like last Saturday.
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 20-11-2018 at 12:54 PM.

If correct that is scandalous after recent performances l would no pay them with Monopoly money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    If correct that is scandalous after recent performances l would no pay them with Monopoly money.
    That's exactly what I'd pay them with, Bridg4d.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Go directly to Jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200 might be more appropriate.

Fraudulently impersonating a professional footballer for financial gain

So who's to blame? I'm pretty sure Acc Stanley's wage bill would be less than half that and they're a league above right now!

But do you blame the players or the people that sanctioned the players wages

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    But do you blame the players or the people that sanctioned the players wages
    Or the fans? Every year fans demand more and more, we finished in the play offs this year and still wanted more.
    Not one of us was complaining when the club went out and spent money on Dennis, Hemmings and Enzio and the wages for them, plus Vaughan dropping from the Championship wouldn't have been cheap, and even then people were still saying we needed more and should get another striker and another midfielder.

Why do we constantly have this "lost the dressing room" type feeling? Players that seem to not want to play the game to the best of their ability? Professional footballers that just do not try. I left the UK in 1970 and returned in '92 so never saw the div1 years but I remember the ethos of the teams and players from '59 until I left. I cannot ever remember thinking that a player wasn't giving his all. I have followed and supported Notts for so many years but have never seen such poor commitment and lack of professional pride as this lot.
    Edit; There are a few players that do care and put in a damn good professional shift but their commitment is almost meaningless and must be so frustrating.
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 20-11-2018 at 01:36 PM.

And the source for this info is..?

Not that I'm disputing it but that twitter account is just a Notts fan so could be any of us saying what the annual wage is.

Still, if anyone thought the likes of Stead, Hemmings, Dennis, Enzio and Tootle were on peanuts they'll also be shocked to find out christmas is coming up soon...

However if Vaughan is on a good wage and not a "veterans deal" ala Alan Smith then Kevin Nolan deserves even less credit for his work here than I'd thought

A number that appeared in the Daily Fail yesterday and has been repeated on Twitter. Both such credible sources of information. But why wait for any factual evidence before offering an opinion on here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast