+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Morritt Former Miller Passes Away

Gordon Morritt Former Miller Passes Away

Sorry to report the death of former Millers goalkeeper Gordon Morritt aged 76, he was
    with the Millers from 1961 to 1966.
    I saw him a few times playing for Rotherham reserves at centre forward, where he scored goals for them.

Sincere condolences to his family.

Rest in peace Gordon.

Once a miller always a miller. RIP

Very sad news.
    He was the first goalkeeper I ever saw at Millmoor. I seem to remember Rod Jones and also Alan Hill just after that.

Many condolences to his family and RIP Gordon

I have a couple of memories of Gordon Morritt. I was only a youngster at the time running about as I always was and not looking where I was going near ferham Park and bumping into what I felt was a mountain. He was a big lad, to me being a sprog he seemed about 8 foot tall.
    There was another one when he got fed up being fouled by a forward, from Ipswich I think, he grabbed hold of him and snorted him. He also played in South Africa for durban I think. God bless Gordon.

Very athletic goalie who followed Roy Ironside into Millers team. I think he joined South Adrican police force. RIP Gordon and sincere regards to his family.

Rip....

R.I.P Gordon Morritt.

Seen to remember Gordon playing centre forward for the reserves and scored a lot of goals RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Sorry to report the death of former Millers goalkeeper Gordon Morritt aged 76, he was
    with the Millers from 1961 to 1966.
    I saw him a few times playing for Rotherham reserves at centre forward, where he scored goals for them.

Sincere condolences to his family.

Rest in peace Gordon.
    Sad to hear this news,Gordon's ex wife and his daughter live in our village.I remember Gordon in Rovrum's goal and he was one who'd one week mek a worldy save then let a soft one in the week later.I used to watch the Millers at Millmoor if the BLADES dint have a game,i still do watch the Millers when i can.UTCB

One of us. Forever.

Condolences to family and friends.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast