+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Morritt Former Miller Passes Away

Always sad to hear of a Miller's passing. Being of the Jock Quairney, Roy Ironside era I remember Gordon very well. RIP and condolences to family and friends.

RIP Gordon,remember going to wolves in the FA Cup I’ve never been has cold in my life at a football match.I don’t think they would play the game now,the pitch was rock hard but Gordon made some great saves.

R.I.P. Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    RIP Gordon,remember going to wolves in the FA Cup I’ve never been has cold in my life at a football match.I don’t think they would play the game now,the pitch was rock hard but Gordon made some great saves.
    I was at Wolves when Gordon Morritt played in goal at a night match, we drew 1-1 with Keith Pring scoring for the Millers,
    we stood behind one of the goals with Wolves fans, ( you could do that then without any trouble ), Morritt played a
    blinder that night.
    We lost the replay at Millmoor, Wolves had the well known players in then, Ron Flowers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I was at Wolves when Gordon Morritt played in goal at a night match, we drew 1-1 with Keith Pring scoring for the Millers,
    we stood behind one of the goals with Wolves fans, ( you could do that then without any trouble ), Morritt played a
    blinder that night.
    We lost the replay at Millmoor, Wolves had the well known players in then, Ron Flowers etc.
    Saturday afternoon game Eric, replay was mid-week evening ko at millmoor, Roy Lambert was strechered off early in replay never forget that thought he was dead, think we lost 0-3 U.T.M.

Legend has it that Gordon once jumped over the wall behind his goal at the Railway End to get out of the rain! Don’t know how true this was, hopefully a MM postee can confirm , or not .
    Condolences to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Saturday afternoon game Eric, replay was mid-week evening ko at millmoor, Roy Lambert was strechered off early in replay never forget that thought he was dead, think we lost 0-3 U.T.M.
    Thanks for that Archie, I must have had dark glasses on that afternoon, also lost 0-3 in replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Thanks for that Archie, I must have had dark glasses on that afternoon, also lost 0-3 in replay.I think John Richards did
    the damage that night ?

Sounds like those games were before John Richards' time.

RIP Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Sounds like those games were before John Richards' time.

RIP Gordon
    Jan- Feb 1965.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast