+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nolan now favourite and being interviewed now

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. If he reappoints Nolan and we lose the first couple of games, the fans will go absolutely mental. We're talking full-on Fullarton-style mental, possibly worse. Then what does Hardy do? He can't sack him again, not after a few weeks. It would go down in history as one of the most insane football stories ever, and would cement Notts County in the history books as the biggest joke club around. We wouldn't recover from it, and we'd drop out of the league.

But what if we win the first couple of games? I think people would get behind Nolan pretty quickly again. But he would have to hit the ground running - and what are the chances of that with this squad?

I just can't see it happening. If Nolan really just needed to sort out some personal issues and take a time out, he should have been put on gardening leave for six weeks. I believe that people can lose their way due to non-work-related issues, and they can come back stronger than before, but you'd think his chance at Notts had sailed.
    Playing devils advocate, what were the chances of him hitting the ground running with the squad he inherited the first time around? We were looking just as hopeless!
    It’s a no from me but I’ll never subscribe to the fact he was a useless manager. He saved us from relegation and got us into the playoffs against the odds!

If anybody reads AH update the words first impressions sort of tells you (well it tells me) that nolan isn't one of them

I think we are that lowly thought of in the Manager stakes,we will end up with Ricketts.No disrespect to him,but that is how low the club has fallen,when you look at the possible candidates.We are scraping the barrel.

I think people are jumping to conclusions on things that are nothing to do with the club. You have moronic trolls making up lies on Twitter for a reaction, you have moronic bets being placed on people (Moniz on there for a start!) Let's just wait and see as to who is appointed, I can't see it being Nolan, Hardy isn't Trew, both sackings have been justified so let's see what happens next

Understand we have also now spoke to Phil Brown. Flip a coin lads.

Wouldn't be totally against Phil Brown to be honest but I suspect I'd be in the minority with that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Understand we have also now spoke to Phil Brown. Flip a coin lads.
    Why not go full Bolton. Allardyce DoF, Brown as head coach/manager and Nolan as his assistant 😂

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Playing devils advocate, what were the chances of him hitting the ground running with the squad he inherited the first time around? We were looking just as hopeless!
    It’s a no from me but I’ll never subscribe to the fact he was a useless manager. He saved us from relegation and got us into the playoffs against the odds!
    I agree. He worked wonders for about 18 months, but blew it all up in the space of a few weeks. Overall, he did a great job for us. I remember saying on several occasions last season that regardless of what you think about his style of play, he knows what it takes to win games at this level - which made the summer and start to this season even stranger.

It's hard to know which version is the real Nolan - the one who turned a bunch of losers into a coherent and effective team, or the one that blew the budget this summer on a bunch of gutless losers.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 21-11-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Although we may not have a lot of choice having sacked 2 managers this season. Who'd be daft enough to take the job?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I agree. He worked wonders for about 18 months, but blew it all up in the space of a few weeks. Overall, he did a great job for us. I remember saying on several occasions last season that regardless of what you think about his style of play, he knows what it takes to win games at this level - which made the summer and start to this season even stranger.

It's hard to know which version is the real Nolan - the one who turned a bunch of losers into a coherent and effective team, or the one that blew the budget this summer on a bunch of gutless losers.
    That was because AH asked him to play pretty football so we can excuse him that I think. What would worry me is that the players seemed to be unfit which I didn't expect at all from a Nolan team.

To be honest I wouldn't have employed Nolan and I wouldn't have sacked him, I wouldn't have employed Kewell and I wouldn't have sacked him either. So while I wouldn't take Nolan back (for the valid reasons already mentioned) I'd keep an open mind if it did happen.

I suppose having a DoF would help him, but having assembled this squad he wouldn't benefit from 'third manager in a season syndrome' ie if performances are crap the fans normally take it out on the players first, then chairman, rather than the manager.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast