+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Nolan now favourite and being interviewed now

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    With the orange man himself Brown odds dropping what are the chances of him and Nolan managing us with the Bolton connection.

I don't want either of them here that is the only way Hardy can bring Nolan back he cant give him the managers job outright as he will look a bigger fool than he did 10 weeks ago saying he would give Kewell a 5 year contract if he could !
    You may have a point there, but more likely orange Brown would be DoF replacing grey man Paul Hart in that set-up. Nolan would then be called a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    You may have a point there, but more likely orange Brown would be DoF replacing grey man Paul Hart in that set-up. Nolan would then be called a coach.
    But Harty the Grey has only been DoFfing for a few short weeks??? Mind, he was 4kin useless first time round and I certainly don't expect any better this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    But Harty the Grey has only been DoFfing for a few short weeks??? Mind, he was 4kin useless first time round and I certainly don't expect any better this time round.
    I'm probably confusing what I want to happen with what will happen. I don't see what Hart can teach Brown though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    If anybody reads AH update the words first impressions sort of tells you (well it tells me) that nolan isn't one of them

Nolan's car was in Meadow Lane car park (in the Managers space) at 11:40am

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    Course it was.

It's not the car that worries me, it's the content.

Quote Originally Posted by eyepie View Post
    It's not the car that worries me, it's the content.
    It's not the content of the car that worries me, it's the alcohol content of the man within.

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    Bit cheeky parking there for an interview

Jokes aside, I'd questioned Hardy's sanity for even entertaining him, was he not at the game on Saturday to witness the fruits of his labour? If he brings Nolan back it's no wonder he's staying off Twitter for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Jokes aside, I'd questioned Hardy's sanity for even entertaining him
    Me too although, unlike others, I can see this nightmare actually coming to pass.

Managing a football club isn't something just anyone can do, and a good reputation as a player isn't a reliable indicator of likely success as a manager. Kevin Nolan comprehensively unravelled under pressure, and a lot of the pressure was of his own making. The players were manifestly unfit. There appeared to be social buddies that were in the team regardless of form, while others were effectively frozen out. Even if the chairman poked his nose into transfer dealings (which he denies) surely the manager was in a strong enough position to resist winding up with such an obviously unbalanced squad? If KN does come back, I simply cannot see it ending well. It would be like playing Russian Roulette with five rounds and one blank.

Nolan sure is popular! He is currently:

2/1 Wimbledon’s next manager (2nd fav)
    7/2 Shrewsbury’s next manager (3rd fav)
    7/2 Notts’ next manager (3rd fav)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast