+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The inmates are running the Asylum

The inmates are running the Asylum

I know, I know, I know, whatever comes out of an MP's gob most of the time is gobsh!te.

And again just like most of you, I know the negotiators (I use that term loosely) conducting our departure from the EU are inept at best and have no will to leave.

But the sheer incompetence of them is just jaw breaking.

We have the former Brexit Secretary David Davis saying "the UK will still be able to enter a transition period after Brexit even if it tumbles out of the bloc without a deal" and he's continued to say this all day FFS !

Are these idiots for real.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...acob-rees-mogg

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I know, I know, I know, whatever comes out of an MP's gob most of the time is gobsh!te.

And again just like most of you, I know the negotiators (I use that term loosely) conducting our departure from the EU are inept at best and have no will to leave.
    But the sheer incompetence of them is just jaw breaking.
    We have the former Brexit Secretary David Davis saying "the UK will still be able to enter a transition period after Brexit even if it tumbles out of the bloc without a deal" and he's continued to say this all day FFS !
    Are these idiots for real.
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...acob-rees-mogg
    after reading and being in full agreement with the first line of your post - Alto....I thought hard on if it was worth responding - but unfortunately find myself in a place where I could lean to agree with what was said - because oddly, as twisted as it sounds....if they decline the Deal, then whatever comes after - either vegetative or progressive...it'd still be a period of transition.....but again, as you said, "it's all Gobsh!te" ......so any response to it/them, is full of Sh!t too.

Aye, even by Davis's standard that was pretty dumb.

I still believe that the general standards of MP's were currently have is worse than any time in my memory.

With talented people now earning £££ in proper jobs then why would these people be tempted to stand for Parliament, where the pay is much lower and job security is very poor? Pay peanuts (relatively) and get monkeys.
    Trouble is, there would be a massive public backlash if MP's pay was increased a lot, so we are stuck with them.

Is he wrong though ? This is what Varadkar has said,

"Meanwhile Leo Varadkar, the Irish Taoiseach, suggested the idea of a no deal Brexit was a fallacy because “a no-deal deal” would have to be negotiated anyway."

"Mr Varadkar cast doubt on whether no deal was a viable concept, telling the Irish parliament: "Nobody knows for sure what would happen in a no-deal scenario where the UK crashed out of the European Union without a deal.
    In such a scenario Mr Varadkar said negotiating teams would have to try to agree an arrangement to avoid a hard border.
    "Nobody knows how long that no deal would last," he said.
    "It's my view that if we did end up in a no-deal situation, we would find ourselves having to negotiate a no-deal deal quite soon thereafter, so it might happen for a few weeks."

So it seems like Varadkar agrees with Davis, if we have to negotiate a no deal arrangement, then it's perfectly feasible that some sort of transition period could be negotiated as well.

Sounds like he's speaking Irish there Sinkov!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Yes, and they probably believe in leprechauns.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    It's all Irish to me 59, there was a Labour MP on Sky News yesterday, she said three times, 'Business needs certainty, we must have a second referendum'. It didn't seem to occur to the bimbo that we're in this long running farce, with no one certain wtf is going on, precisely because of a referendum.
    You can have another referendum if you want, but the one thing it won't provide is certainty. What will the question be ? What happens if leave wins again ? If we vote to go back in the EU, will the terms be the same, or will we be £10 billion plus a year worse off because we'll lose our rebates and opt outs ? Will we still want to go back in if that's the case, or would there be a vote in parliament, or a third referendum on the terms of our return ? And that's only scratching the surface of the uncertainty a 2nd referendum would create.
    If you want certainty you need answers, not yet more questions. A lot of our MPs are as thick as pig ****.

Just trawl the news this morning guys. Project Fear (3) is in full swing today.

Tens of thousands of manufacturing jobs will be lost, no access to financial markets, no insulin, no airplanes, no nothing. Doomed I tell thee!

If Corbyn wants to be the main man, now is the time for him to step to the plate and start hitting some home runs. Don't think I will hold my breath too long though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Just trawl the news this morning guys. Project Fear (3) is in full swing today.

Tens of thousands of manufacturing jobs will be lost, no access to financial markets, no insulin, no airplanes, no nothing. Doomed I tell thee!

If Corbyn wants to be the main man, now is the time for him to step to the plate and start hitting some home runs. Don't think I will hold my breath too long though.

Never mind Jezza BT, you have a new secret weapon, your mates in the DUP might just deliver for you. I think they'll have Theresa on toast before too long, and then it's all to play for, with the Tories in total disarray, all out civil war. Honestly all I think JC has to do is keep his head down and wait, and preferably keep his gob shut.

She's off to Brussels today to get her daft proposal delivered, sanctified and ratified with the schoolyard bullies at EU HQ.

The mad cow actually thinks the DUP and a few renegade Labour MP's will pull her out of the brown stuff and get this through Parliament. Which world does Theresa actually live in?

With special thanks to Alto...

Attachment 11159

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)