+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Doonhamers vs. Formartine United; Scottish Cup R3

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I'm afraid that I missed my first home game of the season because of wife's plans made months ago. Can anyone be kind enough to tell me how we played ?
    Away to Dundee in the Fourth Round....

After 10 minutes, my hopes that we would make history were looking good. Diddies came back and things looked a wee bit shaky for ten minutes or so. Goal just before half time restored order. Second half routine having control for most of the time. Could and should have been more. Formartine much better than I expected, but they were still well beaten. Happy days. Given the next round draw I expect that this will be Queens' first and last hurrah in this final chance for any cup glory?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    After 10 minutes, my hopes that we would make history were looking good. Diddies came back and things looked a wee bit shaky for ten minutes or so. Goal just before half time restored order. Second half routine having control for most of the time. Could and should have been more. Formartine much better than I expected, but they were still well beaten. Happy days. Given the next round draw I expect that this will be Queens' first and last hurrah in this final chance for any cup glory?
    You never know, Queens have a decent record at Dens Park...

Depends on what team turns up. An attacking one where we could possibly get something or a defensive bombscare! (That worked at Dunfermline, but was terrible to watch, pure torture)

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    On a similar theme, I want to talk about Dumfries in general. I am often off for a couple of days midweek as a shift worker. When walking around Dumfries , I think to myself that a lot of these people I see shuffling around have nothing . You can tell they are in dire poverty . I dont know if other area's are as bad as I have only ever lived in this town. Bookmakers only ever thrive in poor area's as ordinary folk chase the never ,never or never ever if you like . Look how many we have on the High Street hoovering up money that those involved can barely afford to lose. Most of the factories dissapeared , losing hundreds of decent paid jobs and this place is hurting.
    Hammer our mutual friend is not giving up on the case of that **** - hole shop in English Street - the Treasure Cave -
    after getting no - where with the area councillor he has taken it further up the chain of local government - good luck
    I say but not holding my breath. On the brightside Newells Toy Shop in the Vennel which has been closed for many
    years appears to have been sold and work has started on a retail place plus flats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Hammer our mutual friend is not giving up on the case of that **** - hole shop in English Street - the Treasure Cave -
    after getting no - where with the area councillor he has taken it further up the chain of local government - good luck
    I say but not holding my breath. On the brightside Newells Toy Shop in the Vennel which has been closed for many
    years appears to have been sold and work has started on a retail place plus flats.

it will prob end up either a pound shop or a charity shop knowing dumfries .

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Yes, I know who you mean. He is like a dog with a bone when he gets in the mood. One thing said gentleman told me was that there was little incentive for these absent owners to find buyers as they get money from government to hold onto these empty shells. The thought is that at some time in the future they will be bought over and in the meantime they pay little to keep the eyesore's. I found this fact quite extraordinary.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 25-11-2018 at 01:50 PM.

on the scottish cup i reckon the dundee game could go either way ,there week link is there defence ,they look a decent team going forward ,so its going to all depend on what approach queens go there with ,and what dundee team turns up on the day ,i predict a close one up there ,we have to be on the front foot going down the wings to hurt them tho .thay get caught out advancing down the wings is what costs them in games we need to have the faith to keep our wingers up the park to take advantage .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 25-11-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Ftivano, any chance you can tell me your thoughts on the match as no one else - bar Bagapapa maybe - bothering ?

our old tactic we used to have when robinson used to quickly throw a long ball to wee danny would kill this team on the counter if we can use that kinda tactic up there we will get alot of joy .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)