+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s the price on Semi Ajayi’s head then

IF,he does go what do we do with the money.We won’t be buying million pound players because we don’t match the wages of million pound players.

The wages issue is a good point. At some time soon the self imposed wage cap may have to be re-visited if we are to attract better quality players.

I honestly think that the valuations are too high. I wouldn't realistically expect more than £3m.
    It will pay for a replacement and some more. Our bigger pay day will come if/when he's sold on after that.

In real terms though we have to look at the deal between Sheffield United and Bournemouth. Sheffield United had to borrow against the money they are owed to actually have the money to pay for their recruitment this season.

Unfortunately the real events will not be made public. We'll sell for a club record undesclosed fee.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I honestly think that the valuations are too high. I wouldn't realistically expect more than £3m.
    It will pay for a replacement and some more. Our bigger pay day will come if/when he's sold on after that.

In real terms though we have to look at the deal between Sheffield United and Bournemouth. Sheffield United had to borrow against the money they are owed to actually have the money to pay for their recruitment this season.

Unfortunately the real events will not be made public. We'll sell for a club record undesclosed fee.
    Who’s des.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Who’s des.
    No idea

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I honestly think that the valuations are too high. I wouldn't realistically expect more than £3m..
    My thoughts exactly. Some of the figures being mentioned on here are frankly bizzare. Our whole team is worth no where near £15 mill. Some people need to take a reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Some of the figures being mentioned on here are frankly bizzare. Our whole team is worth no where near £15 mill. Some people need to take a reality check.
    Depends who wants him and how badly the teams want him. worth goes up when value of players go up and they go up from club biding on them or showing interest.

There’s no way a defender in championship is worth 15 million that being said he’s also a midfielder and league 1 players are going for up to 5 million (Marriott) now days so I wouldn’t say a first team young defender who’s still got a year and a half on contract is worth any less.

What would I spend it on? a new defender to replace him, a striker and a bid for manning or Rodak or both

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    I respectfully disagree crook. I think you've been programmed to think that way, partly by how outsiders view RUFC, and partly by how we've conducted business in the past.

If the exact same player was being sold by, say Leeds or Derby, then I guarantee they'd be seeking well over £10m for him.

Its time we started to act like a Championship club in my opinion.

There should be no price accepted till the summer at least we need him to keep us up.. it is so important we keep a foothold in this league this year and hopefully build on it next.

Semi is going nowhere in January.
    He’s at the right club for his development regular first team football.

And I agree £3 million is more realistic.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast