+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons Autobiographies/Biographies and General Dons books

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    The Bryan Cooney book that came out last year was an enjoyable read too.
    The standard of editing was ****ing amateur though.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The standard of editing was ****ing amateur though.
    I said similar when in the "fit you reading" thread. Poor quality

The Heritage Trust site had a comprehensive list at some point, but I’m ****ed if I can find it.

The Crampsey book Final Edition (a Keith Murray Publishing publication around 1991) is often forgotten.

I’ll list what’s on my shelves at the end of the week. SM’sW is yer boy though. He has everything that I ken o.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The Heritage Trust site had a comprehensive list at some point, but I’m ****ed if I can find it.

The Crampsey book Final Edition (a Keith Murray Publishing publication around 1991) is often forgotten.
    Its in the collection.

So far the missing items

General wise - Aberdeen a Complete Record- Jim Rickaby and Here We Go were two I didn't have. (now bought HWG)

Autobiography wise Leighton, Strachan and McLeish (Now bought Leighton)

Ebay is great

Edit-Cheers Vintage min

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Fanny is typeable

Cheers. I read On Fire With Fergie in a oner. Really liked it

Pattersons book is a good read too
    Read a lot of the books and Webster’s/Patterson’s were particularly good, Jay’s was a laugh as I was probably involved in most chapters...as for the kiddie oan casual Joan Rivers......I would not turn a page and he was told accordingly in Madrid.

There are many good fitba books out there, some of the best are seria A/ La Liga in my opinion.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Read a lot of the books and Webster’s/Patterson’s were particularly good, Jay’s was a laugh as I was probably involved in most chapters...as for the kiddie oan casual Joan Rivers......I would not turn a page and he was told accordingly in Madrid.

There are many good fitba books out there, some of the best are seria A/ La Liga in my opinion.

SF
    There are some excellent books on Serie A. "Calcio" by John Foot is excellent and one of my favourite books on fitba

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    There are some excellent books on Serie A. "Calcio" by John Foot is excellent and one of my favourite books on fitba
    The exiled dandy bumperGraham’s Barca,La Roja are both decent reads, our club took a table at another local club’s fundraiser a couple of years back, Tattie/Bumper were the speakers, had a laugh with Tattie pre gig and still cannot believe our youngest player at Ullevi is gone, on the back of Bumper’s gig I went and got the books which I enjoyed.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    The exiled dandy bumperGraham’s Barca,La Roja are both decent reads, our club took a table at another local club’s fundraiser a couple of years back, Tattie/Bumper were the speakers, had a laugh with Tattie pre gig and still cannot believe our youngest player at Ullevi is gone, on the back of Bumper’s gig I went and got the books which I enjoyed.

SF
    La Roja also a cracking book

If you want another good book on Spanish fitba. "Working Class Heroes" by Robbie Dunne. Its about the history of Rayo Vallecano and the author following them. He moved to Madrid to write a book on Madrid the city and ended up writing about RV instead

They say everyone has one book in them. Dans should be used to inspire writers everywhere. If he can get that sh1t published, there’s hope for everyone.

What’s the script with him anyway? Was he on the sidelines of the ASC & overplayed his involvement or a straight up Walter Mitty? I heard he didn’t have the best time in Madrid.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast