+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons Autobiographies/Biographies and General Dons books

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I picked up a copy of a book of a guy who used to play for Aberdeen in the 60s, called Davy Johnston, who I don't think I have heard of, called 'The Silent Assasin'. Never heard of the guy, but I usually read anything about ex Aberdeen footballers so see how it goes.

Scored 37 goals in 99 games, not too shabby.
    Aye he came from Nairn County, he was a decent player supposedly, apparently his wife couldn't settle down here so I think he went back up to Highland League and finished his career up there.
    I found this book in a bookshop in Nairn a few years ago, it's up in the loft somewhere, so if anyone fancies a read I will dig it out and pass it on.

Just found a second hand one of these on Amazon

Name:  _20190120_225603.JPG
Views: 942
Size:  33.7 KB

Never knew it existed

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Just found a second hand one of these on Amazon

Name:  _20190120_225603.JPG
Views: 942
Size:  33.7 KB

Never knew it existed
    Launched the same night as On Fire With Fergie.

The Trust page doesn't make it easy to buy its publications, of which this is one.

I'll put a word in about it.

Can’t be ersed making a new thread so: Last I read was Aberdeen FC in Quotes by Chris Gavin. Very good. Only seem to be available second hand.

Here’s something else you can read on Aberdeen : https://www.whatastramash.com/home/2...inisce-on-2018

Name:  _20190429_195608.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  89.1 KB

My folks were down in Guffshire last week seeing my uncle whos nae too great these days. Something came up in conversation about my fitba books collection. My auntie told them to take whatever they thought i would appreciate as they are nae use in her house. There were a couple of autobiographies,couple of Dons books including "A Light In The North" which i already had. I noticed something inside it when i picked it up. Pictured above

Turns out my Granda(top geez who helped bring me up to an extent as a kid while my folks worked) who was a big red got it and got it signed. When he died too young in 1994 his son of the same name(the uncle mentioned) got it. Now its changed hands again and i have the honour of having it now. Means much more to me than anything in my house(barring the wee man and the puss). Well chuffed

So i have a unsigned "Light In The North" and "Here We Go" free to a good home

My folks were down in Guffshire last week seeing my uncle whos nae too great these days. Something came up in conversation about my fitba books collection. My auntie told them to take whatever they thought i would appreciate as they are nae use in her house. There were a couple of autobiographies,couple of Dons books including "A Light In The North" which i already had. I noticed something inside it when i picked it up. Pictured above

Turns out my Granda(top geez who helped bring me up to an extent as a kid while my folks worked) who was a big red got it and got it signed. When he died too young in 1994 his son of the same name(the uncle mentioned) got it. Now its changed hands again and i have the honour of having it now. Means much more to me than anything in my house(barring the wee man and the puss). Well chuffed

Seems the great man didn't have much imagination when it came to salutations. Mind you he probably had been signing all day.Name:  SAF.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  94.7 KB

Oneupmanship not intented
    Name:  team.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  92.7 KB

Jings, donunder.... didnae ken you had something like that! I've got lots of signed Dons stuff, but that's a corker!

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Seems the great man didn't have much imagination when it came to salutations. Mind you he probably had been signing all day.Name:  SAF.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  94.7 KB

Oneupmanship not intented
    Name:  team.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  92.7 KB
    A thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    Jings, donunder.... didnae ken you had something like that! I've got lots of signed Dons stuff, but that's a corker!
    I don't have a great deal of memorabila but (not Don's related) do have a signed Pele shirt.

Was probably worried you would covet your neighbours stuff ;-)

Ironically that book was in the bookcase next to God is not great.

Would be interested in "Here we Go".

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast