+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Not Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Don't know who " mig" is, sorry. I have my own views on this and I'm very worried about the future of our club in the hands of incompetents. Wish I could win the euromillions!
    Alan Hardy earned his million(s) rather than winning them, which suggests that he's far from incompetent. Relatively inexperienced as a football club owner and chairman yes, but like any job, you have to learn as you go along, often through your mistakes. Not to mention the fact that picking good managers is a skill that still eludes many of the most experienced club chairmen in the game. In fact, it might simply be a game of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Personally, if not Hurst, then Simon Grayson would be my choice
    its not Grayson , they've shut the door on that one !!! x

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Alan Hardy earned his million(s) rather than winning them, which suggests that he's far from incompetent. Relatively inexperienced as a football club owner and chairman yes, but like any job, you have to learn as you go along, often through your mistakes. Not to mention the fact that picking good managers is a skill that still eludes many of the most experienced club chairmen in the game. In fact, it might simply be a game of chance.
    ^This

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Another punt in the dark then?

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Losing faith in Mr Hardy by the day and each time a decent manager with experience walks away from us, this could seriously end in disaster !
    And you couldn't see this coming? Really...

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Another punt in the dark then?
    Having money they think gives them a right to know the game. He might be a good cosmetic decorator and makes offices look good but he knows sweet FA about football.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Dare I suggest that Phil Brown wouldn't be as bad as some people think, he's certainly better than most of the other realistic options like bringing back Nolan or Allen.
    I agree with you Marky, better than Nolan returning, Allen, Hurst, Appleton and Bowyer.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Oh God, please not Brown the clown. His one bit of success was a decade ago , he blew that doing his half time team talk on the pitch, it's been downhill ever since.
    Swindon fans couldn't wait to see the back of him. He trod water at Southend for years without ever really moving them on, failed at Derby and there's absolutely no reason to suppose that it'll all come good at Notts.
    I agree. He's a spent force. His best days are long behind him.

Hurst not coming just shows me that we can't attract the type of manager we need. This doesn't surprise me, as the club now has a reputation for being a poorly run joke. We can no longer rely on our nice stadium and heritage to attract decent candidates. So we'll have to make do with managers who aren't good enough for other teams in our division.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Hurst not coming just shows me that we can't attract the type of manager we need. This doesn't surprise me, as the club now has a reputation for being a poorly run joke. We can no longer rely on our nice stadium and heritage to attract decent candidates. So we'll have to make do with managers who aren't good enough for other teams in our division.
    From the NEP and BBC tweet, it sounded to me like we have said no to him

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast