+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Announcement today - is F5 a thing of the past?

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    emunity to underwhelment (is that a word)
    One of the three is

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    One of the three is
    I like that !!

One of the three is
    But, who is Appleby?

On the OS...

Notts County owner and chairman Alan Hardy has provided a further update on his efforts to appoint a new manager.

I am pleased to say we have now entered final negotiations with our preferred manager and expect to conclude a deal before the weekend.

It’s been a rigorous week of interviews but our chosen candidate has emerged as a clear front-runner.

He is tremendously excited about the challenge ahead and we are now completing the formalities of his appointment. As soon as the deal is done, we will make an announcement.

Steve Chettle will take charge of Saturday’s match at Morecambe and I would encourage all supporters to get behind him and the players.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Alan

On the OS...

Notts County owner and chairman Alan Hardy has provided a further update on his efforts to appoint a new manager.

I am pleased to say we have now entered final negotiations with our preferred manager and expect to conclude a deal before the weekend.

It’s been a rigorous week of interviews but our chosen candidate has emerged as a clear front-runner.

He is tremendously excited about the challenge ahead and we are now completing the formalities of his appointment. As soon as the deal is done, we will make an announcement.

Steve Chettle will take charge of Saturday’s match at Morecambe and I would encourage all supporters to get behind him and the players.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Alan
    I could be reading into this too much but it's been widely quoted that Appleton was our preferred candidate to begin with? Could this be a clue from Hardy? You know how he likes to tease information out there

Steve Chettle will take charge of Saturday’s match at Morecambe and I would encourage all supporters to get behind him and the players
    Just 7 games to go until the bookies pay out after that. Presumably the new man will make an appearance at Morecambe. Let's hope that, unlike Sol Campbell, that's not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I could be reading into this too much but it's been widely quoted that Appleton was our preferred candidate to begin with? Could this be a clue from Hardy? You know how he likes to tease information out there
    I can't imagine Appleton getting 'tremendously excited' about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I never have had a 'sense of excitement' whilst Biggun has been in charge. More a sense of fear and trepidation as to who the next 'loser' thru the door will be. You could understand it with the Trewster, he ran a temp agency and his managers were very, err, 'temporary'.
    As was his life style.

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=&amp][B]On the OS...

It wasn't there when I asked where it was. In fact it says "Just now" and that's at the time of posting.

I wonder what he's done differently as the new manager is "tremendously excited" when previously I think it is AH that has been "tremendously excited". Hopefully that matrix is in the bin and AH has taken some good advice from folk who know something about football as opposed to spin and presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    It wasn't there when I asked where it was. In fact it says "Just now" and that's at the time of posting.

I wonder what he's done differently as the new manager is "tremendously excited" when previously I think it is AH that has been "tremendously excited". Hopefully that matrix is in the bin and AH has taken some good advice from folk who know something about football as opposed to spin and presentation.
    Probably tremendously excited because he'll be a novice

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast