+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like Ardley

Looks like Ardley

1/7 with Skybet now, so looks like he's our man.

Thoughts?

I'm a bit concerned about how it ended for him at Wimbledon, but at least he has experience of building a team over several years AND a promotion. Would have preferred Hurst, but we could certainly do worse.

In comparison with some of the eejits in the frame, Ardley’s the new Pep.

I have a mate who is an AFC fan and have seen a good few AFC games under Ardley. He will play 4-4-2 fairly rigidly, expect every player to be physically competitive and will ensure that our defensive record improves. He has never had a decent budget, and Wimbledon's current woes can be attributed at least in part to losing their best players eg Lyle Taylor. Promotion from League 2 was the classic over-achievement of getting the very best out of a decent and committed squad.

If we do sign Ardley, then I think that Notts will almost certainly improve enough to escape relegation, and that we will see a steady progression in performances. I am not sure that he will constitute the model signing to some who still live in the glittery monorail world, so whilst excitement levels may be muted I think he might be what we actually need.

I was hoping for Hurst, but overall it's a yes from me.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    I have a mate who is an AFC fan and have seen a good few AFC games under Ardley. He will play 4-4-2 fairly rigidly, expect every player to be physically competitive and will ensure that our defensive record improves. He has never had a decent budget, and Wimbledon's current woes can be attributed at least in part to losing their best players eg Lyle Taylor. Promotion from League 2 was the classic over-achievement of getting the very best out of a decent and committed squad.

If we do sign Ardley, then I think that Notts will almost certainly improve enough to escape relegation, and that we will see a steady progression in performances. I am not sure that he will constitute the model signing to some who still live in the glittery monorail world, so whilst excitement levels may be muted I think he might be what we actually need.

I was hoping for Hurst, but overall it's a yes from me.

Awwww, I wanted us to be Tango'd, but he'll do I spose.

If it is Ardley I'm happy with that. He's done an amazing job at Wimbledon really despite his recent run of poor form. But like with anything in life all good things do eventually come to an end and as far as Wimbledon are concerned they have probably plateaued and the time is right for Ardley to find a new challenge.

Whoever it is I just hope they are given time to turn things around, with a little organisation on the pitch we still have enough in the tank to maintain our league status and then start to lay down the foundations for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    If it is Ardley I'm happy with that. He's done an amazing job at Wimbledon really despite his recent run of poor form. But like with anything in life all good things do eventually come to an end and as far as Wimbledon are concerned they have probably plateaued and the time is right for Ardley to find a new challenge.

Whoever it is I just hope they are given time to turn things around, with a little organisation on the pitch we still have enough in the tank to maintain our league status and then start to lay down the foundations for the future.
    True. Hardy now needs to just let him (if it is him) get on with his job. Don't expect miracles. But we need stability and consistency. The amount of times I've seen a manager sacked at Notts before they can even build their own team...

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The amount of times I've seen a manager sacked at Notts before they can even build their own team...
    Suppose the question is, has AH got the readies to spend on yet another rebuild? And how much of a rebuild do we actually need as opposed to some decent player motivation, player respect for the manager and some clever man management.

It would have seemed a decent idea before his awful losing run. Sometimes those experiences can do a manager damage. Another worry is he's a one club man, pretty much. Nearly everything he has achieved as a player and manager has been at Wimbledon, and he's never been North of Watford. Sometimes people just fit a club, even Jimmy Sirrel didn't have a good time when he went to Sheffield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It would have seemed a decent idea before his awful losing run. Sometimes those experiences can do a manager damage. Another worry is he's a one club man, pretty much. Nearly everything he has achieved as a player and manager has been at Wimbledon, and he's never been North of Watford. Sometimes people just fit a club, even Jimmy Sirrel didn't have a good time when he went to Sheffield.
    Reminds me of Johnnie Jackson - He wanted to go home

Ardley and Hardy, bit like Tinga and Tucker?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast