+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    If you don't win your first few matches, and Big Al calls you into his office, it's Kneel.
    We best used to calling him Kneel then.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Just who we need.
    Are they taking betting on who will be the next Notts manager after Ardley has been sacked in January?

How could AH bum up a new Manager if it is Ardley,who has just lost 10 out of 12 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Just asked my Don's supporting friend about Neale Ardley, His response is.

Well, it was his first Managerial job at AFC Wimbledon. He did get us promoted to league one, however since then we have fought to stay up every season and probably going down this season. We have been absolutely crap this season. Worst ive seen since I started going. He continously plays people who dont give a **** about the club. We are one of the lowest budget clubs in the league, so cant really say how well he would have done if he had more money and better players. Still, he couldnt bring any enthusiasm into the players this season. I dont know what has gone on in the dressing room, but clearly it just wasnt working. Maybe he will do better with a club with more money.
    Good to know it isn’t just our fans who completely lose the plot on the back of one bad run!

Ardley ticks all of the boxes for me. Recent promotion from this level, has two jobs as a coach/manager and stayed in both for six years delivering steady improvement (god knows we need that), and his teams generally seem to be sound defensively so he may be able to deal with the immediate issue.

No appointment guarantees success but this would be about as good as we were going to get. I’m on board.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    How could AH bum up a new Manager if it is Ardley,who has just lost 10 out of 12 games.
    You'd like to think he won't do that after what he said about Kewell.

Ardley has done a very good job at AFC Wimbledon regardless of where they are this year when you look at the size of the club, fanbase and resources.

I was hoping it was going to be Hurst but Ardley is one of the best available and who is realistic to us (I say this but he isn't confirmed yet).

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    1/7 with Skybet now, so looks like he's our man.

Thoughts?

I'm a bit concerned about how it ended for him at Wimbledon, but at least he has experience of building a team over several years AND a promotion. Would have preferred Hurst, but we could certainly do worse.
    There is no denying that six years in one managerial position at one club in this day and age is no easy achievement and shows a consistency we can only dream of. Neal Ardley brought Wimbledon up and got them promoted to League One in which they lost some of their best players and have suffered as a result.

The difference between Ardley and Hurst for me is that Ardley has a far less win ratio at 32.5% compared to Hurst. Also he has only been a one club man and he was one of Wimbeldons own playing for them for 11 years. So he would have had the fans backing and they likely would have had patience. So the question is could he reproduce that form with another club, namely us? You would like to think so.

So he would be in the mould of what I would deem to be a safe pair of hands and someone to turn to for hopefully some desperate stability that this club desperately needs.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Ardley and Hardy, bit like Tinga and Tucker?
    Or Bill & Ben. 😝

Ok l'll.get my coat.

Hopefully not going to turn out like Laurel and Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    You'd like to think he won't do that after what he said about Kewell.

Ardley has done a very good job at AFC Wimbledon regardless of where they are this year when you look at the size of the club, fanbase and resources.

I was hoping it was going to be Hurst but Ardley is one of the best available and who is realistic to us (I say this but he isn't confirmed yet).
    The main thing that worries me about Ardley is his ambition if he is actually prepared to take the job on! realistically at least he is not a complete novice & knows the league so although he is not up to everyone standard he may have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Good to know it isn’t just our fans who completely lose the plot on the back of one bad run!

Ardley ticks all of the boxes for me. Recent promotion from this level, has two jobs as a coach/manager and stayed in both for six years delivering steady improvement (god knows we need that), and his teams generally seem to be sound defensively so he may be able to deal with the immediate issue.

No appointment guarantees success but this would be about as good as we were going to get. I’m on board.
    I think Ardley’s the best we can hope for given our predicament (and if Bowyer isn’t interested). He’s done a great job at Wimbledon over the years, but probably stayed there one season too long and things went south (selling off of best players; staleness after six years in charge - a tenure we can only dream of). Let’s hope his blip this season is temporary, because we need him to hit the ground running with our bunch of shirkers.

We have to give this guy time and the chance to bring his own people in with him.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast