+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crawley and beyond

We absolutely battered them! I went with 3 Crawley fans and their after match review was that they couldn’t believe they’d got a point never mind 3.

Absolutely bone headed defending (Nolan) and a complete lack of finishing cost us dear.

It is getting frustrating how many times we’ve dominated games and not scored this season though.

Also probably did miss Ray a touch, he’s our only commanding centre back and we conceded from two crosses.

Unfortunately our strikers with the exception of Bowery are passed it, Kirk and Ainley play 1 decent game in every 6, playing 2 central midfielders is not enough it invites too much pressure on our back 4 and Garratt well !!! as I have said before the better goalkeeper is on the bench.

From all accounts I have heard this afternoon, the Alex were the better side in all respects, except for hitting the back of Crawley's net. For once, I reckon it is down to bad luck. This does happen, although rarely can we blame the Alex losses on this factor. Today I believe it is the case and we must rest our case once again, until after the Cambridge game at home on Tuesday. I really believe that it is not the time or the place, to press the "knee jerk" reactionary call for the head of the manager, just yet.

The team is not progressing under his leadership, defeat on Tuesday and he should walk.

I completely disagree.

This teams so close , we’re making chances and dominating games we’re just not finishing chances or picking up enough points.

This isn’t like Davis when the team looked defeated and there seemed to be a gloom over the club, it’s not like Gudjon where we were playing a style that didn’t even come close to suiting us or even like Holland where we’d gone backwards so fast it had to be done.

I'm not one who is asking DA to go but I can't help thinking he is sounding a bit like Steve Davis after we got beat by similar margins. If it were not for the goals we conceded...

I see Leyton Orient are top of the National League and yet SD couldn't do anything with them, despite all his coaching qualifications and Kenny Lunt and our Academy Coaches all having a hatful. We should be beating teams in this league quite easily and yet we are struggling. If only we could stop them darn goals going in we may get a few more away 0-0 draws. Luck is a poor excuse when its used week after week. Bring back five forwards is my recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I'm not one who is asking DA to go but I can't help thinking he is sounding a bit like Steve Davis after we got beat by similar margins. If it were not for the goals we conceded...

I see Leyton Orient are top of the National League and yet SD couldn't do anything with them, despite all his coaching qualifications and Kenny Lunt and our Academy Coaches all having a hatful. We should be beating teams in this league quite easily and yet we are struggling. If only we could stop them darn goals going in we may get a few more away 0-0 draws. Luck is a poor excuse when its used week after week. Bring back five forwards is my recommendation.
    Mike. I didn't go to Crawley, but like I have said, from all accounts the team performed to the best of their ability and the ball just would not go into that net. I have not used the "bad luck" excuse before this season, but from experience, there are games when things just don't go your way. That is football. I would not complain at all about today in isolation, after that very good display and win last week. There has been no moaning and groaning this past week, but as soon as we lose, it starts all over again. I think you have to take the rough with the smooth. If our home record was equally as bad as how we perform away from Gresty Road, then I would agree that blanket criticism is justified. However, with just two losses on home soil, things are not quite as black as some people paint them. 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses in the league at the Alexandra Stadium are just about keeping our heads above water. Now for Cambridge on Tuesday. Surely if we play as well as we did against Tranmere and Crawley today, then lady luck will indeed shine on us and bring all three points our way.

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    I completely disagree.

This teams so close , we’re making chances and dominating games we’re just not finishing chances or picking up enough points.

This isn’t like Davis when the team looked defeated and there seemed to be a gloom over the club, it’s not like Gudjon where we were playing a style that didn’t even come close to suiting us or even like Holland where we’d gone backwards so fast it had to be done.
    Have you seen the league table have you looked at the goal difference I can't understand why people except this, the performance on the whole of this club from the top to the pitch over the last 4 years is abject at best, the board just sit and fiddle while Rome burns they waste valuable oxygen defending a failing academy and continue to chuck good money down the drain,our hard earned money paid either through the turnstile or on merchandise. But as long as the masses except this garbage and continue to go along to Gresty Road each home game happy clapping along, its your money they are wasting why should they care.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Mike. I didn't go to Crawley, but like I have said, from all accounts the team performed to the best of their ability and the ball just would not go into that net. I have not used the "bad luck" excuse before this season, but from experience, there are games when things just don't go your way. That is football. I would not complain at all about today in isolation, after that very good display and win last week. There has been no moaning and groaning this past week, but as soon as we lose, it starts all over again. I think you have to take the rough with the smooth. If our home record was equally as bad as how we perform away from Gresty Road, then I would agree that blanket criticism is justified. However, with just two losses on home soil, things are not quite as black as some people paint them. 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses in the league at the Alexandra Stadium are just about keeping our heads above water. Now for Cambridge on Tuesday. Surely if we play as well as we did against Tranmere and Crawley today, then lady luck will indeed shine on us and bring all three points our way.
    Hi Mick. I bow to your age and experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Have you seen the league table have you looked at the goal difference I can't understand why people except this, the performance on the whole of this club from the top to the pitch over the last 4 years is abject at best, the board just sit and fiddle while Rome burns they waste valuable oxygen defending a failing academy and continue to chuck good money down the drain,our hard earned money paid either through the turnstile or on merchandise. But as long as the masses except this garbage and continue to go along to Gresty Road each home game happy clapping along, its your money they are wasting why should they care.
    They're hardly "fiddling while Rome burns" We all know we have a chairman bleeding the club who they're trying to get rid of.

I'd say the ticket money is about the only thing keeping the club afloat at the moment while they try and get rid of him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast