+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crawley and beyond

Crawley and beyond

Well here we are again, buoyed by a good performance and with a couple of positive results could progress up the league. So, what's going to happen?
    As usual, it will depend on the performance of certain players. If our midfield repeats its recent solid performance and Ainley continues his aggressive probing and Ray doesn't play, I suggest we can win the next 2 games.
    However, there are too many 'ifs' for my liking so 2-0 to Crawley.

Helloooooo! Is there anyone there? Please knock once for yes.😱

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Helloooooo! Is there anyone there? Please knock once for yes.��
    KNOCK
    I would keep the same team, never change a winning team

If Ray plays we lose simple as that, if he stops at home we win 3-1. Mr Artell please loan Ray out in January until the end of his career.

I don’t quite understand this victimisation of Gorgeous George. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he play in every match where we had one of the best defensive records in L2 earlier in the season? When we play a side with a big striker he wins more than his fair share of headers and always looks classy with the ball at his feet and is a decent passer of the ball. As a kid he had a mistake or two in every match but that has largely been eliminated from his game, though sadly not totally or he’d have been snapped up by a higher division club years ago.

For me he should start every match when fit alongside the calm and reliable Nolan, with Perry at RB where he’s better than Whelan. Or would Wartman rather see the lumbering Raynes recalled?

No I would release Raynes always been passed his best, for me George Ray makes too many mistakes even for the lowly level we play at and would be far better suited by non league football. For me Hunt looks far better in the center of defence for me that role suits a player that can read a game and hunt has that in spades very much like Alan Tate. George for me at times looks like he is being controlled by a joystick in the stands he is all over the place, for me he is just in a long line of below average center halves Davies; Guthrie etc that the fans have had to endure, the 4th best center half at the club behind NG, Nolan and Hunt and only marginally better than Raynes.

Today DA has said that he is not afraid to change a winning team. I would go with the same 11 as last week. However, it is horses for courses and I trust Artell to know the best team / formation, to play against Crawley and their style of play. We can have a go at him after the final whistle, if he gets it wrong. Fingers crossed for another win, to set us up for the Cambridge game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    No I would release Raynes always been passed his best, for me George Ray makes too many mistakes even for the lowly level we play at and would be far better suited by non league football. For me Hunt looks far better in the center of defence for me that role suits a player that can read a game and hunt has that in spades very much like Alan Tate. George for me at times looks like he is being controlled by a joystick in the stands he is all over the place, for me he is just in a long line of below average center halves Davies; Guthrie etc that the fans have had to endure, the 4th best center half at the club behind NG, Nolan and Hunt and only marginally better than Raynes.
    Hunt has provided fine cover at CH but is essentially a FB and not an especially quick one these days. The thought of Nolan and Hunt at CH would have some of the quicker forwards in L2 licking their lips I’d have thought!

Have to disagree with you about Guthrie too. He was, if memory serves, player of the season in his last year with the Alex and since moving to Walsall has been almost ever present in a mid-table L1 side so clearly NOT a non-league standard CB. As for Davies, he certainly wasn’t helped by a long list of injuries, nor by the fact that his increasingly unpopular father was his manager (!), and as a result of both factors it was time for him to move on. Mind you, I’d have more confidence in his penalty taking than some we’ve had recently!!!

Absolutely pathetic Artell out !!!!

Quicker than you were last Saturday. Perhaps they missed Ray playing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast