+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January shopping list...

January shopping list...

I know Neilson isn't planning major changes in January, but are there any areas you think he will look to strengthen?

Based on what I've seen, I would reckon he'll be looking for cover at centre mid. Not convinced by the rabbit, and Fyvie and Stanton have both had injury problems in the past.

Maybe fullbacks?

Definitely cover for Fyvie in CM & a LB. Think we're OK at RB with Watson and Murdoch just hope the Safranko loan is watertight and can't be taken back or sold in January.

Definitely adequate cover for Fyvie and Stanton. Rabbitsch is certainly not the answer and I would probably have Allardice back from loan rather than risk the rabbit again. Defensively we have been really sound of late, except the last 20 mins or so at Partick and Tuesday night where we looked a wee bit more susceptible again. The common denominator was the absence of Fyvie who provides a wee bit of cover in front of the back 4 which was sadly lacking against Alloa. It's pretty clear from the latter half of last season and pre Shabba's sacking this season that Fyvie is still absolutely critical. Probably too critical, as his absence, even after the good last few weeks, still gives me the fear.

This won’t all happen but would be ideal scenario.

Out permanently; Rakovan (Mehmet to take his place on bench), Toshney, Murdoch, Loemba, Rabitsch, Barton & Scobbie (his loan to PT is up in Jan)

Loaned out; Wardrop, Robson & Glass

In; Ralston loan from Celtic, new left back to challenge Booth, 2 x centre mids and a winger.

I don’t like him but would like to see us go for Scott Allan. A standout in this league, has played with Fyvie and Stanton before and would put the ball on a plate for our attacking players. In his last 6 months at Celtic so needs to be playing again.

Tansey or Forrester on loan from Aberdeen could be shouts too. Tansey just back from recurring groin injury and Forrester has only played a handful of games since a £200k move in summer so needs time on the pitch.

I think we need a right back but, for me, our best in that position at the moment is Murdoch. Cover for Fyvie would be great but it's difficult to see us being able to get a player anywhere near that good as backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Tansey or Forrester on loan from Aberdeen could be shouts too. Tansey just back from recurring groin injury and Forrester has only played a handful of games since a £200k move in summer so needs time on the pitch.
    Tansey's a good shout there.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Definitely adequate cover for Fyvie and Stanton. Rabbitsch is certainly not the answer and I would probably have Allardice back from loan rather than risk the rabbit again. Defensively we have been really sound of late, except the last 20 mins or so at Partick and Tuesday night where we looked a wee bit more susceptible again. The common denominator was the absence of Fyvie who provides a wee bit of cover in front of the back 4 which was sadly lacking against Alloa. It's pretty clear from the latter half of last season and pre Shabba's sacking this season that Fyvie is still absolutely critical. Probably too critical, as his absence, even after the good last few weeks, still gives me the fear.
    I believe Stanton is just as important a player to us as is Fyvie.
    I'd also like to think that we can do it with the squad we've got.
    The players are all showing up 15% better under Neilson & by the end of the year make that 25%.

Btw what's Rakovan done wrong other than not get a game?

I think January should also be about clearing the decks as much as bringing in. King has proven to be a wasted jersey, he has had opportunities and maybe even if he had the talent should show the commitment to use it from time to time.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Loemba, Barton & Rabitsch find new clubs in January whether a loan or permanent. Neilson says the squad is too big. Wants quality over quantity.

Tell me what benefits does the Transfer Window bring?

I think a creative midfielder, left winger and a right back would be good business in January.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)