+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: January shopping list...

Tuesday night certainly showed us we need to strengthen in some areas, but despite what i am about to write, i dont think we need to be as brutal as some want us to be.

First off is get rid of the dead wood and get Scobbie out. From what ive heard and seen written, Toshney is gonna get the chance to prove himself, but where will he be in the pecking order for RB, never mind midfield?

Some credit is due to Shabba and his recruitment, and his 2 players per position, but there are a few howlers in there! Barton has some nice skill, but its not what we need just now. Also in the same bracket is Loemba, and i think him not being anywhere near RNs team at the minute tells its own story. Move those 4 above out and get 2 players that can challenge Fyvie and Stanton would be the bare minimum for me.

But there is more players that are not good enough for us and we need better options in. Despite thinking he may be coming good, one of these is Rabitsch who just doesnt seem to be quick thinking enough. Dont know about Rakovan, as i think he needs a chance behind the better organized defense. King is another who i think is below the level we need. When he came on the other night, i can only remember him make a solid tackle just after coming on, then watched him let players flash past him too often. Move on 2 of them and its a new winger and RB.

Make the right moves and we just have to make more changes in the summer!

Right back, keeper and CM

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I believe Stanton is just as important a player to us as is Fyvie.
    I'd also like to think that we can do it with the squad we've got.
    The players are all showing up 15% better under Neilson & by the end of the year make that 25%.

Btw what's Rakovan done wrong other than not get a game?
    Where do you get that Rakovan hasn't had a game? He was in goal for the first half of the season and let some piss poor goals in. I'm not saying he's ****e and maybe will be another who improves under the new manager, but he did get his opportunity though.

I maybe should have said he hasn't had a game in the 'new' team.
    His last game was the Ross Co at home debacle & he wasn't the most culpable, he was the poor goalie in a gale but the whole XI downed tools. But understandably I suppose he was left out for Laurie Ellis' one game in charge at Ayr & Siegrist has been in since then. Rakovan was the exposed goalie in Laszlo's team & I believe he may be the better of the two new goalies tho I'm happy with either.
    Both have had 7 starts & I know what 7 games I'd rather have been the goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    ... Cover for Fyvie would be great but it's difficult to see us being able to get a player anywhere near that good as backup.
    That's a fact. Anyone as good as Fyvie will be looking to be in the first 11 every week and would demand a decent wage.

Still, no harm in setting our standards high. We have to see what's available and affordable. Robbie's proved himself capable in a number of ways. I wonder how he'll do in the transfer market?

There won't be many coming in Jan. A couple at most. Would be nice if they were 1st team calibre rather than just 'cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I maybe should have said he hasn't had a game in the 'new' team.
    His last game was the Ross Co at home debacle & he wasn't the most culpable, he was the poor goalie in a gale but the whole XI downed tools. But understandably I suppose he was left out for Laurie Ellis' one game in charge at Ayr & Siegrist has been in since then. Rakovan was the exposed goalie in Laszlo's team & I believe he may be the better of the two new goalies tho I'm happy with either.
    Both have had 7 starts & I know what 7 games I'd rather have been the goalie.
    I mentioned Rakovan on the out list as we have a decent number 1 in BS and Mehmet showed last season he’s a very capable back up and seems to have real passion for the club and seemingly loves the city.

Rakovan is 2 and half years older than Mehmet and probably won’t want to be here back up so him leaving frees up a wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    I mentioned Rakovan on the out list as we have a decent number 1 in BS and Mehmet showed last season he’s a very capable back up and seems to have real passion for the club and seemingly loves the city.

Rakovan is 2 and half years older than Mehmet and probably won’t want to be here back up so him leaving frees up a wage.
    I think Mehmet is a better option than any of the keepers we have had since Cierzniak, not that any of them are too hard to better. Sad as it is that our best keeper going further back is our current goalkeeping coach!

Also, we signed too many players last January (and most were crap) and it had a really detrimental effect on the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    I think January should also be about clearing the decks as much as bringing in. King has proven to be a wasted jersey, he has had opportunities and maybe even if he had the talent should show the commitment to use it from time to time.

King had be excellent recently, not great on Tues in his cameo but no one was that great

He has been starting during our run recently, good asset for this level

King has been ok. I dont see what he does offensively at time. He is an upgrade on alex nicholls but not in category of mcmulla or aird

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)