+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: January shopping list...

If we do play 442 cant see where he fits tbh long term. But isnt it great we can now be this picky as fans. What a difference.

Robbie Nielsons Tangerine Army

Quote Originally Posted by huntedbyafreak View Post
    Right back, keeper and CM
    agreed

Neilson wants a smaller squad. Logic to that means more will be going out than coming in.

Hopefully 2 or 3 quality signings or loans and getting rid of the dead wood.

Would be great if Ralston could return.

Also chance to extend contracts with the core of the present team.

Any outside chance we could sign Safranko- he has been brilliant for us since RN arrived

McMullan, Fyvie, Aird and Stanton all quite young and we should get them signed up long term

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    McMullan, Fyvie, Aird and Stanton all quite young and we should get them signed up long term
    Whilst I agree with the latter three I don't see McMullan, much as he has done better latterly, as Premier quality which is ultimately where we want to be so I'm not sure we want to be extending his contract. Indeed, this is one of the balancing acts RN has to pull off. We want these players to get us up but at least half of them are likely to be shipped out after the hoped for promotion as, lets face it, they wouldn't be good enough for the step up. In some ways, for these players, getting promoted is like turkeys voting for Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    King has been ok. I dont see what he does offensively at time. He is an upgrade on alex nicholls but not in category of mcmulla or aird

I think King on song is every bit as good as McMullan, who by the way was woeful Tues and had only picked up form being central since King came back out wide

Big difference Tuesday without King starting in the three behind Safranko which had been working ever since RN came in

Fitting Clark in might not be easy

Yeah, that's going to be tricky. I thought he did nothing on Tuesday aside from score. But that's not a bad thing if he's playing #9 but I think we need more from a #10.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 23-11-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, that's going to be tricky. I thought he did nothing on Tuesday aside from score. But that's not a bad thing if he's playing ,#9 but I think we need more from a #10.
    Scott Fraser might have been flourishing as a #10 under Robbie Neilson.
    But that's history.
    Any good #10s out there who are available, someone mentioned Scott BOOOOOO!Allan?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    King has been ok. I dont see what he does offensively at time. He is an upgrade on alex nicholls but not in category of mcmulla or aird
    Funny how things change as i was willing to back King last season as i thought he was one of the better players and a level or 2 above McMullan. Now Aird is in and McMullan is a different player, King has to come out and prove he can be the better player and seems to be missing the boat on that one.

Terry has a point about Clark as, other than the goal, he had a couple of rash shots and was standing still watching the ball, and usually McMullan wizzing past, far too often! The issue may be that fitting Clark in stops Aird, McMullan and King working to their potential. They have proved they can all score goals and put in a hell of a shift if they want to!

Peter Pawlett
    Tony Ralston
    Greg Tansey

The main worry i have about the mid season window is who Ross County will bring in.Although i have posted this before its worth remembering that during our great run under McNamara they were almost gone by January.If my memory serves me right McGregor their billionaire owner allowed McIntryre to sign a whole new team in the window and they went on a mega unbeaten run and stayed up.
    Hopefully their owner will not go down the same route this season,although i am vehemently opposed to the current owners of United i would not blame them if we finished behind Ross County if they are artificially supported beyond our means.To be honest under Neilson providing we finish 2nd i still think he could well take us up via the Play Offs providing it was against ST FN Mirren or the FUN,FACT.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)