+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which broadband provider are you with and are you getting a good deal ?

Which broadband provider are you with and are you getting a good deal ?

My average bill with Virgin is around £75. That's for 100mb broadband,tv package but no movie or sport channels and land line rental. Package is £68 plus telephone calls .
    Checking on deals for new customers with virgin , same package for $47 with 200mb.
    Rang them up best they could offer me was a reduction of £6, but no increase on my broadband speed to the new customer offer. Told them i was going to leave and said best we could do. Been with them for 15 years, doesn't seem any reward to stay loyal to these companys.

I'm in the same boat (with Virgin) Bills have steadily risen of the past couple of years and as you say customer loyalty doesn't seem to count with them so I'm seriusly looking elswhere. A pity really because ( despite a lot of bad press) the service I get I can't complain - Is it better the devil you know ?

Im also with Virgin who recently seem to be in the habit of sticking their prices up 3 times a year. Mine is £35.73 per month for 70mbps. Mine is broadband only - no phone line or TV. Altho I shouldn't grumble cus when I signed up i took advantage of a mobile SIM offer with them for £8 pm with unlimited texts and calls.

I’m with BT Open Reach here in Chaddesley Corbet.

I’m considering going back to two baked bean cans and a piece of strings

Absolute s h I t.

Switched from Sky to BT last year because my neighbours seemed to be getting better reception. Costs £35 or so a month and has been worth the extra few £.

Interesting thread/question this...
    Im with the Post Office (and yes, they do a Broadband package as well as sending letters and selling stamps over the counter lol).
    Its a set £29.00 a month for me and while I think its too high compared to some other prices, it works 95% of the time and I don't know if its worth switching to a cheaper deal, which might be less reliable etc.

I'm now with sky no problems was with virgin for 23 years if you count when it was with blueyonder.asked if I could have the same deal as new customers all they offered me was a £6 reduction so cancelled got a good deal with sky q boxes in 3 bedrooms all for £15 less than virgin

Im with BT. I pay £54 a month which includes the Superfast Fibre 2 package which averages 75MB speed. Never have a problem with streaming movies as I have Amazon and one of them Now TV sticks with a £9.99 p/m month movie package. I have the landline included in my BT package so normally have a few extras on for half price mobile calls.

Virgin is tempting as I have 5 months to run but BT does guarantee to hold prices for 18 months and I think I'm correct in saying that their service with technical faults stands up well as they own the lines.

Where I am all mobile signals are rubbish. I'm with EE SIM only contract and can only make calls from home using WI-FI calling but talking to people with BT mobile they are no better so maybe the devil you know?

Been with plusnet for years now. Originally they were part of BT but operated separately. Excellent all round no complaints.
    Then about 6 months ago started having all sorts of weird issues. Unable to connect to the works VPN, Now TV/Sky sports not working and google search listing lots of USA sites rather than uk.
    In the end after lots of hassle with numerous Tech Geeks at work and now TV it appears that BT now run Plusnet and some of their IP addresses are USA listed. So when I try to connect to Now TV and my work it thinks I’m in the USA and stops me. There are loads of other issues as a result.
    I tried to contact Plusnet many times and cant get through to them, cant mail them etc etc. They have now descended to the same level of service that BT. SKY, Talk Talk have offered me in the past.
    “ We will do you proud” yes they will with your trousers round your ankles

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)