+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell v ABERDEEN

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    All I’ll say is our recruitment has been poor in the main.
    Again.
    McInnes admitted after we got hosed in the Cup semi in April it hadn’t been good enough.
    It’s clearly been at least as bad this summer.
    They should be accountable for that.
    If, as is possible, NcKenna gets sold, DM will get some of it to “strengthen” the squad/team.
    Would anyone trust him to recruit well?...
    I think the worst bit of business in the summer was letting Rooney go without having a replacement in the door.

Wilson hasn’t worked and there is no way he was the first choice to replace Rooney.

I think McInnes has had players in mind and they haven’t worked out so he has signed the likes of Wilson and Gleeson which were probably way down on his list.

I know he definitely wanted McGeough,maybe Moult and the boy from Doncaster, I also think he hoped that Celtic would let us buy Christie,Richard Gordon said we had a bid rejected at the end of August for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. That's obviously what he'll do but we have a fine counter attacking team a couple of years back and we sat in deeper and deeper (O'Connor substitution) and we just couldn't hold out. We got away with it against Sevco due to them being absolutely mince. If that big black fella was any good he would have scored.
    That's true, but Sevco were poor......and we need to hope Raselickbyrawaybutbigman are poor or suffering after their fairs cup game.
    But even if this comes to pass, if we try to engage them in a proper game if fitba they'll beat us.
    Sad to admit.......but factually accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I think the worst bit of business in the summer was letting Rooney go without having a replacement in the door.

Wilson hasn’t worked and there is no way he was the first choice to replace Rooney.

I think McInnes has had players in mind and they haven’t worked out so he has signed the likes of Wilson and Gleeson which were probably way down on his list.

I know he definitely wanted McGeough,maybe Moult and the boy from Doncaster, I also think he hoped that Celtic would let us buy Christie,Richard Gordon said we had a bid rejected at the end of August for him.
    Thing is, all those deals, with the possible exception of the boy Marquis, were never realistically going to happen.

We're nothing like imaginative enough in terms of recruitment.
    For every Logan and Lewis we find lower down in England, how many Zola's and Cosgroves are there?

Jaysus, let's cross water and look......Sacandanavia, the Baltic's .....value to be had.

Recruitment and scouting........ very poor.

Marquis stated categorically he was not interested in joining us.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    All I’ll say is our recruitment has been poor in the main.
    Again.
    McInnes admitted after we got hosed in the Cup semi in April it hadn’t been good enough.
    It’s clearly been at least as bad this summer.
    They should be accountable for that.
    If, as is possible, NcKenna gets sold, DM will get some of it to “strengthen” the squad/team.
    Would anyone trust him to recruit well?...
    I think he would bring in lots of players like Forrester, Gleeson, Cosgrove, Zola, Tait, Church, Maynard, Burns,McLaughlin, Josh Parker,

But you do compare us to them when it suits you
    That's because we aren't streets ahead of them when we should be. We are still looking around us for ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Thing is, all those deals, with the possible exception of the boy Marquis, were never realistically going to happen.

For every Logan and Lewis we find lower down in England, how many Zola's and Cosgroves are there?

Jaysus, let's cross water and look......Sacandanavia, the Baltic's .....value to be had.

Every club and manager will sign one good player and one pish player but the signing policy has become very, very predictable. He was asked to rebuild the creative side of the team and he can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    Strong words for you sir but a sign all is not well if even your good self is being so critical. You are spot on in all your observations on today though.
    I criticise when warranted.
    It was a similar picture when we play Motherwell and frustrating because we should be much better.

We currently lack composure, someone willing and able to put their foot on the ball, retain possession and spot a creative move.
    We badly are missing Jack and McLean.

The funny thing is, that our two better players yesterday was Ferguson and Lowe, both youngsters, mature beyond their years. It should be our more experienced players instilling calmness to the younger players, not the other way around.

Even Lewis does not seem so assured in Motherwell games.

It’s hard to think what the team should be next week.
    If it was a league game, I’d drop quite a few of our experienced players, but not convinced we should throw more youth to the slaughter against a rampant Celtic team on form at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

I would have thought McGeough was possible,he decided to go to England but it’s not a top team we were competing with.

I can also see why he went for Christie, it might have happened if they managed to replace Dembele because if they did then Christie wouldn’t be playing as much as he is.

Moult was unrealistic and as someone else said the Doncaster striker wasn’t either so letting Rooney go was the worst bit of business in the summer when we clearly didn’t have a plan to replace him.

To be honest I agree we should be looking further afield than the lower leagues of England but I’m not sure why people keep going on about Scandinavia,who has been signing players from Scandinavia that makes people think there are loads of bargains in those leagues?

I
    I’m not sure why people keep going on about Scandinavia,who has been signing players from Scandinavia that makes people think there are loads of bargains in those leagues?
    Hearts signed that boy Bjorn Johnson who even got a call up from Norway.
    Dundee Utd have Slovak (I know not Scandinavian, but nonetheless) Pavol Šafranko, they also have a couple of Africans
    Ross County have Matthias Kait (Estonian)
    Dundee have the boy Kamara who seems to be rated.
    Celtic have Ajer who did well at Kilmarnock but in and out of the Celtic team.

Can’t recall much more recent players

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast