+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ardley appointed

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Looks like your are getting confused Irish P and now your confusing me.
    Do you now support getting in a manager who has lost 10 in 12 ?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post

I call it FACT but,whatever floats your boat.I don't see how you can get excited over employing a manager who has lost 10/12 games
    No,think your getting your wires crossed.Perhaps if you used posters full user names you wouldn't get confused
    To say we have just appointed a new Manager this board is very quiet.Says it all to me really.
    Last edited by irishpete; 24-11-2018 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    No,think your getting your wires crossed.Perhaps if you used posters full user names you wouldn't get confused
    To say we have just appointed a new Manager this board is very quiet.Says it all to me really.
    ooops I am very sorry , just realised ones Pete and one is Pie !!!xxxxxx

Well he can handle the pressure of a late Penalty so it might help at Notts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxIfRluxrCA

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Agree with this Kintore... I remember when Eddie Howe became manager of Bournemouth, it was a very underwhelming appointment and the team were in a dreadful state, within 6 seasons he took them from the bottom of league 2 all the way to the Premiership.... lets hope Ardley can inspire anything remotely like this.
    Aren't Bournemouth owned by a Russian oligarch? Nobody gets to the Prem, or even the Championship, without investing serious money. Granted, the way Bournemouth did it was about as cost-friendly as is possible, and Eddie Howe deserves huge credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    His first proper game in charge is away at our place.

Imagine going on holiday only to return to find you'd been made Notts county manager and your first game is away at your rivals. I'd be livid.
    What's it like returning from anywhere to Mansfield? I'd be livid. Perhaps the only good thing about being a Notts fan (or manager) at the moment is you only have to visit Mansfield.

Hardy on Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    You have to give credit to AH for his persistence and the above criteria appear to be a lot more sensible than being driven by what sounds good to his ears or finding a future England manager.

I really hope he's got it right and got the patience to see it come right. The next transfer window is about getting in enough to ensure safety. Next summer has to be about having a clear out and getting the foundations right for the season after. Throw away that "5 year to the Championship" plan Alan, set about stability and getting good players in as they become available.
    Yes think it's a sensible statement from AH and shows he is learning by not making bold statements which some people will jump on and use it as a stick to beat him with at some point in the future. Also I can't fault the philosophy of looking for someone who had a promotion on their CV and 5 years experience.

I agree as well we don't need to hear talk of X number of years plan to get to a certain level. It puts too much expectation, pressure and stress on everyone. There is nothing wrong in having long term ambitions but you can't set a time period in the lower leagues because things change very quickly in football. Look where we were in the league this time last season compared to where we are now.

As supporters and fans we've got to be patient and give Neal Ardley time, and a lot of it. We cannot expect instant results. This team has already cost two managers their jobs and after last weeks shockingly poor performance under a caretaker manager that showed for me that the problems run deeper than who the manager is. There are major problems to address in terms of how we defend, not to mention how lightweight we are in midfield, and then the physical and mental battles that have to be won by each individual player before we can even think of winning another football match.

Over 200 applicants! No wonder I didn't make it to the interview stage.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Over 200 applicants! No wonder I didn't make it to the interview stage.
    amazing optimism from all
    hardys interview is priceless 'he'll create a real seige mentality' neal whats your priority 'get to 55 points,simple'
    and irish comparing him to eddie howe what were you thinking mate!

credit where its due pedro did call him out on his record as afc wimbledon manager,the rest of us hang our heads in shame

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast