+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley appointed

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Any big imposing centre midfielders who can tackle?
    Crawford has shown he is a play maker and is prepared to to put his foot in and make tackles in midfield.

Yeah I think Crawford has been criminally underused. Played last season so can handle himself, has played well when he's played for us bearing in mind his age and yet we churn out that same old crap every week.

Happy with Ardley, about as good as we could expect and for me a better appointment than Nolan or Kewell.

Welcome to the madhouse Neal and good luck, well, when you eventually arrive anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Chettle in charge for next 2 games though.
    Thats another 2 defeats then....

I welcome Neal Ardley and I hope he is the manager of our club for at least as long as he was at AFC Wimbledon, because that would demonstrate not only that he is enjoying some success, but also that, as a club, we've finally stopped firing managers in panic when it isn't actually necessary.

I've watched a few interviews with Neal Ardley, having known little about him other than his record before now, and I must say, he comes across as a very likeable and sincere guy. Obviously, results are what managers are judged on, not least by fans, but it helps the process of backing a manager if you rate the bloke as a person.

Macclesfield are in talks with Sol Campbell to be their manager.

Missed out on that one - phew!

Spoken by Alan Hardy:
    "He fits the two essential criteria we identified, too. Firstly, we wanted someone with at least five years’ experience, and secondly we were looking for someone with a promotion on their CV."

Two attributes missing in recent Notts managers, Ardley has both.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I welcome Neal Ardley and I hope he is the manager of our club for at least as long as he was at AFC Wimbledon, because that would demonstrate not only that he is enjoying some success, but also that, as a club, we've finally stopped firing managers in panic when it isn't actually necessary.

I've watched a few interviews with Neal Ardley, having known little about him other than his record before now, and I must say, he comes across as a very likeable and sincere guy. Obviously, results are what managers are judged on, not least by fans, but it helps the process of backing a manager if you rate the bloke as a person.

I entirely echo these comments. I had thought that the departure of HK and NA within hours of each other was directly linked when it clearly wasn't. Nevertheless we have ended up with a proven manager and I am hoping that we all give him the support needed to get our proud club out of its current predicament. I seemed to remember that when Big Sam first came it took him a long time to achieve an away win and fans showed great patience with him and his reign did not turn out too bad leaving aside the disappointing way he departed. Good luck to Neal and welcome to Meadow Lane.

Good luck Neal I hope you like hard work because there is an awful lot to do at this club.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast