+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 100% Support.

100% Support.

Yesterday is history, and now more than ever is the time to get behind Hardy and Ardley, and give them our total support. AH has taken time to make this appointment and is prepared to wait a few days for him to take up his duties.
    A sign that he has taken much care over this appointment perhaps.
    You all know that as Notts supporters, we are regularly put through the wringer by Notts, but in spite of all that has gone before we still remain loyal to our team.
    Let us hope that this time our loyalty will not be misplaced, and that we will begin to see the turnaround we are all praying for. COYP.

Absolutely, right behind Ardley. I just hope he gets some freedom to manage the team how he wants to and gets rid of the red backroom staff. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Absolutely, right behind Ardley. I just hope he gets some freedom to manage the team how he wants to and gets rid of the red backroom staff. Good luck to him.
    What do you mean by "hope he gets some freedom to manage the team" are you implying that Hardy is interfering with team selections, which by the way I don't believe he is. I do believe he leaves team matters to the manager.
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 23-11-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    What do you mean by "hope he gets some freedom to manage the team" are you implying that Hardy is interfering with team selections, which by the way I don't believe he is. I do believe he leaves team matters to the manager.
    I suspect this line about "interfering" relates back to the departure of Adam Collin in the summer, when the suggestion was that Kevin Nolan wanted him to stay and was quite miffed. However, I think the circumstances may well have been Hardy telling Nolan he could sign Enzio, Dennis, Hemmings etc. OR keep players like Collin, but the club couldn't afford to do both. If that's the case, I wouldn't call that interfering so much as enforcing budget discipline, but who knows?

Another interpretation is that Hardy's Twitter activities and general desire to be centre stage are deemed to be interfering with the manager's work, but it seems he's finally put a lid on that.

I very much doubt Alan is interfering in any way with team selection. Indeed I don't think characters like Nolan and Kewell would have tolerated that or called it out when they left.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Yesterday is history, and now more than ever is the time to get behind Hardy and Ardley, and give them our total support. AH has taken time to make this appointment and is prepared to wait a few days for him to take up his duties.
    A sign that he has taken much care over this appointment perhaps.
    You all know that as Notts supporters, we are regularly put through the wringer by Notts, but in spite of all that has gone before we still remain loyal to our team.
    Let us hope that this time our loyalty will not be misplaced, and that we will begin to see the turnaround we are all praying for. COYP.
    Agreed sir... Ardley has one hell of a job on with this lot but I think there is a decent enough team among the sea of players on the books. The only problem for me is Chettle taking the next 2 games... we only have the Cheltenham disaster to go by so far but we could be adrift by the time Ardley takes charge.... lets hope I am totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Agreed sir... Ardley has one hell of a job on with this lot but I think there is a decent enough team among the sea of players on the books. The only problem for me is Chettle taking the next 2 games... we only have the Cheltenham disaster to go by so far but we could be adrift by the time Ardley takes charge.... lets hope I am totally wrong.
    It could be that the clarity of knowing there's a new man coming in might inspire the players to play for Chettle for a couple of games now and try to impress the new boss too...here's hoping

This is a decent appointment. He is young but not inexperienced, he is not a journeyman looking for a last pay cheque.
    What will be interesting is to see how he manages a club he has no real affection towards... he did a great job at the Real Dons, but that must be easier when you have a feel for them.
    Good luck Mr Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It could be that the clarity of knowing there's a new man coming in might inspire the players to play for Chettle for a couple of games now and try to impress the new boss too...here's hoping
    I like your optimism Swale.. it can't get any worse than Cheltenham can it?

Dawn of a new era 🙂 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Or Hart interfering as DOF.