+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Cox

Neil Cox

Unless he is also out of the country, should he not be standing in for the gaffer? He has spent the last six years as assistant to Mr Ardley, so must bring something to the table. I understand it's probably too late for him to influence the game tomorrow, but he's got to be a better bet than Chettle for Tuesday. If Chettle wins the next two games I'll willingly eat my words.

Good point that

Yes. Has he been appointed, or does he always walk like that? Seriously if he has then it might be the end of the red menace.

Excellent thought. Perhaps he will be at Morecombe today and reporting back to Neal Ardley. Let us hope so, it would be too good an opportunity to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Excellent thought. Perhaps he will be at Morecombe today and reporting back to Neal Ardley. Let us hope so, it would be too good an opportunity to miss.
    Think this will be the case, God knows what he'll report back ha ha. Don't worry though the players had a clear the air chat where hopefully they agreed to start earning their wage, nice of them that four months into the season. SOLDIERS.

Neale: how did the lads play today Neil.
    Neil: We're going to be busy in January's window, as we've been landed with a pile of doo doo
    Neale: oh ****e

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Unless he is also out of the country, should he not be standing in for the gaffer? He has spent the last six years as assistant to Mr Ardley, so must bring something to the table. I understand it's probably too late for him to influence the game tomorrow, but he's got to be a better bet than Chettle for Tuesday. If Chettle wins the next two games I'll willingly eat my words.
    If it’s too late for today’s game why is it not too late for Tuesdays game? He would have 1 training session with the players, is that really enough to a/ get a philosophy across b/ work on anything (tactics, set pieces etc) c/ form a proper opinion on who plays??

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    If it’s too late for today’s game why is it not too late for Tuesdays game? He would have 1 training session with the players, is that really enough to a/ get a philosophy across b/ work on anything (tactics, set pieces etc) c/ form a proper opinion on who plays??
    All interesting observations. Maybe he didn't want to take the reins on his own, if he got off to a bad start the Meadow Lane faithful might start chanting 'COX OUT'. Now imagine if that game was at Mansfield it could cause mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    All interesting observations. Maybe he didn't want to take the reins on his own, if he got off to a bad start the Meadow Lane faithful might start chanting 'COX OUT'. Now imagine if that game was at Mansfield it could cause mayhem.
    I think the Field Mill faithful tend to leave their close relatives at home watching Jeremy Kyle re-runs, so any overstimulated disorder would be minimal.