+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Footballs greatest mind

Footballs greatest mind

Bbc sport reporting R Sol Campbell in talks to take over at Macclesfield.

Poor buggers

They can't win. Literally.

Even if Sol Campbell shocks the world and does a good job, he'll be off to a bigger club quicker than you can say "stepping stone".

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    They can't win. Literally.

Even if Sol Campbell shocks the world and does a good job, he'll be off to a bigger club quicker than you can say "stepping stone".
    I think they know they are down, barring a minor miracle, so they are willing to take a risk on someone like Sol. If it doesn't work out, which it almost certainly won't, they're down anyway. If it does work out and he turns out to be the next Alex Ferguson, they'll avoid relegation. Either way he won't stay there long.

Good for us though. It looks like there's only really one relegation place to avoid now.

I wonder if he will be a soldier for them

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Good for us though. It looks like there's only really one relegation place to avoid now.
    Almost the best news for us this week.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Almost the best news for us this week.

Dunno, praps Kewellio would have been a better appt? He could have spent all season trying to make them play like a Prem League side while their place in the Football League disappeared.

Who would appoint him? And we think we've got problems. Wonder if he applied for the County job?

I thought Mr Campbell was persuing a career as a Conservative MP. The UK's very own Barack Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    I thought Mr Campbell was persuing a career as a Conservative MP. The UK's very own Barack Obama.
    He was inexplicably overlooked in his quest to be the Conservative London mayor candidate.

Just heard by text that I didn't make it onto the list. Really want to thank everyone who's supported me and my team. It was quite a journey

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayo...-10415925.html

In fairness, it was good of them to take the troubling of texting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    He was inexplicably overlooked in his quest to be the Conservative London mayor candidate.

Just heard by text that I didn't make it onto the list. Really want to thank everyone who's supported me and my team. It was quite a journey

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayo...-10415925.html

In fairness, it was good of them to take the troubling of texting him.
    Maybe David Rutley is about to be replaced.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast