+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Footballs greatest mind

I have the same issue, maybe it is because I is ginger?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    "Speaking to Sky Sports News, Ince said: "When you look at the black managers we've had, most of them have been successful. Chris Hughton's doing an amazing job at Brighton, Keith Alexander, myself for a period, Jimmy Hasselbaink - it's not that we can't do the job, but obviously some owners feel we can't.

"Hopefully Sol will do well at Macclesfield and move up the ladder like I did.
    Can't argue with this, black managers (other than Kiwomya) have generally done quite well, he's not mentioned Darren Moore at West Brom or Keith Curle and Chris Powell in this either who have both been ok without being spectacular. Ince himself did climb the ladder quite well with Macclesfield and MK Dons but his career took a sharp nosedive with us when he lost Alan Judge, Ben Davies, Tom Ince and Lee Miller.

"It's a shame really, because when you look at his career for club and country, he was a legend of a footballer. Someone like Sol, with his CV, has had to go to that level to get a managerial job. It's sad, but it is how it is and you've got to get on with it."
    He might have had a great career but he's also a complete *rsehole regardless of the colour of his skin, personality (and reputation) goes a long way in interviews. Once you say something a bit dodgy like Glen Hoddle and Michael Johnson did you tend to alienate yourself before you even get the chance to be interviewed. Clubs don't want or need that baggage.

Most new bosses start at the bottom so whats the issue?
    Lampard and Gerrard didn't, but then Kevin Nolan, Harry Kewell and Teddy Sheringham all did so it swings both ways, Darren Moore got his start in the premiership too but he was promoted from within so slightly different.

Paul Ince doesn't have a high opinion of L2

"Speaking to Sky Sports News, Ince said: "When you look at the black managers we've had, most of them have been successful. Chris Hughton's doing an amazing job at Brighton, Keith Alexander, myself for a period, Jimmy Hasselbaink - it's not that we can't do the job, but obviously some owners feel we can't.

"Hopefully Sol will do well at Macclesfield and move up the ladder like I did.

"It's a shame really, because when you look at his career for club and country, he was a legend of a footballer. Someone like Sol, with his CV, has had to go to that level to get a managerial job. It's sad, but it is how it is and you've got to get on with it."

Most new bosses start at the bottom so whats the issue?
    Isn't it called learning your trade?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Sean Dyche has done OK?...

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    You did mean ginger hair I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    You did mean ginger hair I hope?
    What else would I mean??!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123