+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Job Satisfaction

O/T Job Satisfaction

One job that would tempt me out of retirement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46321720

Marvelous police work by the tory party's special forces .

Knocking scooter riders off their machines wow , any chance you can be more successful halting the number of young people in London losing their lives to knife crime ?

I'm sure your aptly named boss will get round to it one day , hey Ms Dyck .

The Stephen Lawrence case just about summed you up .

We know what you are within certain sections of left wing politics , every dog has it's day .

This is most definitely one dish that will be served cold .

The police have to do something against this sort of crime though don't they? What else do you suggest they do?
    Last edited by sota; 24-11-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    The police have to do something against this sort of crime though don't they? What else do you suggest they do?
    Day off today as it's the day after Thanksgiving holiday I was out driving and came across a small traffic holdup. Turns out there was a police officer conducting traffic in and out of a Christmas tree farm. Told my daughter to wind down her window and ask him "Don't you have any criminals to catch?" but she declined

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Knocking scooter riders off their machines wow , any chance you can be more successful halting the number of young people in London losing their lives to knife crime ?

I'm sure your aptly named boss will get round to it one day , hey Ms Dyck .

The Stephen Lawrence case just about summed you up .

We know what you are within certain sections of left wing politics , every dog has it's day .

This is most definitely one dish that will be served cold .
    In my view it's quite simple. If you don't want to get knocked off your scooter by a police car, don't mug people on the street.

Why are you bothered about them?

This policy has helped reduce these crimes involving scooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    In my view it's quite simple. If you don't want to get knocked off your scooter by a police car, don't mug people on the street.

Simple logic indeed. Of course, you could use the same reasoning to justify shooting litterers. All a question of degree.

The first time I went to the States the local tv news had a story about a driver weaving about on the road probably DUI. After following him for a while and trying unsuccessfully to get him to stop they pulled alongside and shot him through the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post

Why are you bothered about them?

This policy has helped reduce these crimes involving scooters.
    It's a PR exercise in my opinion to deflect their incompetence in to the rise of knife crime and the continuing probe in certain circles to their corrupt activities .

A headline grabber , nothing more than that .

It's to be hoped their Sweeney tactics don't end up costing innocent bystanders their lives .

There's a way to police the streets of London and then there's the Mets way who historically have their own agenda generally backed by a struggling Tory government , the links between the two are most interesting .

I'll say no more .

It's a PR exercise in my opinion to deflect their incompetence in to the rise of knife crime and the continuing probe in certain circles to their corrupt activities .

A headline grabber , nothing more than that .

It's to be hoped their Sweeney tactics don't end up costing innocent bystanders their lives .

There's a way to police the streets of London and then there's the Mets way who historically have their own agenda generally backed by a struggling Tory government , the links between the two are most interesting .

I'll say no more .
    It's working though so unless you are happy for these types of muggings to continue then carry on being against it.

You never know, it could give them more time to work on knife crime!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Simple logic indeed. Of course, you could use the same reasoning to justify shooting litterers. All a question of degree.

The first time I went to the States the local tv news had a story about a driver weaving about on the road probably DUI. After following him for a while and trying unsuccessfully to get him to stop they pulled alongside and shot him through the head.
    I know it's relative but these people are driving along footpaths and putting people's lives at risk. They need to be stopped asap.

Police cars have the dash cams as well to prove they have acted according to rules set out.

There is a little difference between mugging people and dropping litter. Also a little difference between your example of punishment. Could stop people chucking litter on the floor though 🤔

That's because of people like you saying "stop and search" was racist.

You make me laugh you really do.

And Labour's Sadiq Khan is in charge of policing in London anyway so why are you blaming the Tories?

Note that Common Purpose (created by the left-wing Fabian Society) poster girl Cressida Dick is head copper there as well.
    Last edited by great_fire; 24-11-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast