+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harry Chapman.

I'll **** off instead. Leave Saxo to it.

He knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I'll **** off instead. Leave Saxo to it.

He knows what he's doing.

Champs - on the threads created since Saturday, you are massively over-reacting.
    I've tried to steer clear, but you are being totally unfair to Robin.
    You and Saxo have a history, which I expect to burst to the surface every so often - fair enough.
    However, some of your other responses are completely unacceptable.
    We are football fans. We react to what we see. When people base their comments on pre-formed prejudices, I am the first to have a go (see my contributions on the Telegraph site!). However, Robin and I have simply stated what was obvious: we were pretty poor on Saturday - especially in defence.
    This is nothing to do with "Sack Mowbray" and all the other stuff you've spouted. It's just reporting on the events of one day!
    When I offer alternative teams, I am not saying, "This is what TM must do". I simply enjoy speculating - always have!
    I would be quite interested to see this team:
    Raya
    Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams
    Bennett Reed Rothwell Conway
    Dack Graham.
    I have no idea how it would perform, and I'm not suggesting for a moment that Mowbray should thank me for the suggestion! I'm just "playing manager" - which is fun. In the pub, I could spend ages justifying that team, and everybody else would do the same with theirs.
    As it is, I am very happy with what TM and the team have achieved, but does that place him or them ABOVE criticism?
    Can you honestly say that Palmer has looked better than Brereton and Rothwell, in terms of matchday evidence?
    If those two have to follow TM's quite strict rule about making an undeniable case for replacing one of the 2017-18 players, why does Palmer seem to have been excused from passing that test? I think it's a legitimate question.
    As for Dack, when I originally suggested dropping him, it was not based particularly on "form". I was arguing that it would take Wigan by surprise and pose different questions. At least we have cover for Dack, although he is easily the outstanding and most consistent No. 10 on our books. We don't have the same luxury where Graham is concerned. Dack might turn out to be excellent, used in the final half-hour slot Chapman was used to exploit. BD's speed and trickery, used fresh, might really punish a tiring defence.
    All of these are examples of a football fan reflecting on games, teams, positions, etc. That is what we do; it's part of the enjoyment. I am at a loss as to why you have reacted so violently.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)