+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United Post Match Thoughts

Sheffield United Post Match Thoughts

Cracking game and we keep our unbeaten record when I watch us on ESPN+. Overall I thought they were quicker in the head than we were but on balance I think 2-2 flattered them slightly more than it did us. I would have been gutted if we had lost. Overall another display to show that we can compete at this level and in Proctor I think we have the 'finisher' we keep talking about.

Thoughts?

For me when we are playing 4411 like we did today we need proctor or Vassell up front and smith behind him. Towell is no good being that forward, him and Vaulks are better in central midfield.

Was a good game and Im glad we didn’t lose but I think there’s lessons to be learned from that game

Its very difficult to ask for anything more than what they gave today. We were the better team by far and deserved more. Very proud.

Full marks for effort and with slightly better finishing we could have won. If Warney continues to play one-up-front (other than in injury time) we need to sign a better "Frecklington-type" goalscoring midfielder for Smithy to lay off the ball to. The alternative is to play with two upfront, but sign a better midfield general to block the middle of the pitch. As others have pointed out before, we're close to the level that we need to be at to survive
    Last edited by mikemiller; 24-11-2018 at 02:53 PM.

We were worthy of at least a point.
    Second half onslaught from us.
    We just never give in do we ?
    Taylor and Robertson stand out performers today.
    Onto Tuesday for 3 points
    Utm

Yep well deserved point today and would have won it if we had taken our chances they were knacked at the end and had to thank pillock head in goal for keeping em in it. Both their goals conceded from sloppy defensive moments when generally we defended well. MOM between Taylor, Smithy, Williams who were always a constant thorn in their side. Also thought Towell did well. We are so close to having a comfortable champ side now. And well done PRocs for a well taken equalise when thought we were gonna be robbed of a point.

Good atmosphere as well and loved the taunting of their keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Full marks for effort and with slightly better finishing we could have won. If Warney continues to play one-up-front (other than in injury time) we need to sign a better "Frecklington-type" goalscoring midfielder for Smithy to lay off the ball to.
    Graham Carey.

Must have looked great on the telly. Tremendous effort to and application. Can't really fault the finishing, just four worldies from the keeper.
    Two goals from two chances shows the quality of the Blades, the but tonight, i am very proud of my team.
    Should Duffy and co be cited for crowd incitement? We will probably get a huge fine for the bottle throwing. Send the bill to Utd.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...effield-united

Always love a last min goal for us tee hee and more than deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Must have looked great on the telly. Tremendous effort to and application. Can't really fault the finishing, just four worldies from the keeper.
    Two goals from two chances shows the quality of the Blades, the but tonight, i am very proud of my team.
    Should Duffy and co be cited for crowd incitement? We will probably get a huge fine for the bottle throwing. Send the bill to Utd.
    Duffy's actions were stupid and unnecessary but throwing something is unforgivable under any circumstances. I hope whoever did it gets banned for life. No excuses.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast