+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Rovrum were certainly the better side today and deserved to win the game but to say our our 2nd goal was lucky is laffable,both Rovrum goals came from deflections the first off Basham and the 2nd when Norwood deflected it past Basham straight to Proctor to score.In no way did the Millers deserve to get beat as i said you deserved to win cos you won nearly the 2nd balls all over the pitch.26 shots and our keeper bein M o t M says it all really but havin been 2-1 goin into injury time i'm sure ya can understand when i say we were pathetic in allowin the 2nd goal.Good luck for the rest of the season apart from when ya come to BDBL.UTCB
    so you don't think the player in front deflecting the ball behind him which than hit the player behind him shoulder and went in isn't lucky??

sorry but I do..

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Were your eyes closed when McGoldrick hit Vaulkes on't line from a yard out in't 1st half? I've said the Millers shudda won tho mi owd pal.Hey up Acido,pass mi regards on to all on Tykes mad,especailly owd Roma.I was disapointed ya dint beat Donny today,i had ya on mi acca.UTCB
    Oh was that mcgoldrick?
    I wondered if he had touched the ball today.
    You,RE paying him too much.
    Oliver Norwood falls into the same category
    Duffy,s a good player though. Wish we could afford his wages

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Chants from their fans made me smile

.....down With the Wednesday, you,RE going down with the Wednesday.....

....top are top of the league.....

Oohh the irony
    I think there,s been way too much hype coming out of S2......not unexpected. String a few results together and they,RE world beaters.

The Wendy were telling us to mind the gap about 6 weeks ago....

Ooohhh the irony
    I think moral of story is keep ya gob shut until after the game

Went to see Wellington v Adelaide last night with a Swindon, Baggie, Birmingham and Man Utd fan. They were dire and lost 3-1. Then we went and watched the game on TV To be honest i wasn't expecting much, but the Millers were excellent and deserved to win. All my mates who would have ripped me to pieces if we had been poor were full of compliments. Played their hearts out. Great stuff will be back for the Baggies game and can't wait. UTM

Very proud tonight. I predicted 4-2 to us and but for their goalie it would have been.

Incredible miss by their lad right on half time. Fantastic stop by Vaulks but for me that was the miss of any season, never mind this one. Half Time team talk - we are still in this instead of heads going down.

Blades never looked like scoring second half...but Dick Turpin didn’t read the script. This Millers team never knows when they are beaten, bold substitutions. Three up front and enter Procs, cue bedlam.

We looked dangerous every time we went forward in the second half and the two wingers....outstanding. I thought Williams was fantastic. Also when Kieffer left I didn’t think we would get anyone like him, but Smith.....what a signing.

Make no mistake - Sheff U are a really good side and we made them look ordinary. Unfortunately their goalie was inspired.

We were lucky against the Swans...today were unlucky.
    Well played Millers.

The more that I watch it, the more that I'm impressed by the Proctor goal - he'd not been on the pitch very long and pounced on the chance straight away. Hit the ball hard, low and on target after about 20 wasted Millers goalscoring chances. Maybe he should be starting in a 4-4-1-1 formation , like he did briefly with Kieffer Moore? Could he fit into a Gwyther/young Cloughie type role?

Tremendous performance by the lads. This was an all round display not a smash and grab like Swansea and it should have been another 3 points. We started well and should have scored in the first 8 minutes, we have to learn to take the chances we won't always get a get out of jail card.
    We let them control it after they scored but we're way better in the second half.
    Rodak. No chance with goals and pulled off a couple of good saves.
    Vyner. Torrid first half, a better second. The lads not a full back. This where we need to strengthen.
    Mattock. A couple of "where am i" moments but did OK.
    Ajayi. One silly mistake for their first and got no help from ref with Sharp barging into him constantly.
    Robertson. Immense game, even a foray down the left wing in which he did well.
    Vaulks. Can't fault his effort but his passing is woeful. Bad miss early on when blasted it. When Ragget is back I'd play Semi midfield and Vaulks at right back.
    Manning. A poor game for me. Right substitution.
    Towell. Much better, got involved but I'm a little disappointed with his finishing.
    Taylor. Best game of season caused problems and scored.
    Williams. Also played well they couldn't handle his pace.
    Smith. Immense can't believe how well he is doing this season.
    Newell. Always does well off the bench, his delivery is superb.
    Vassell. Didn't have much time to affect things.
    Proctor. Took his goal well, maybe should have been on earlier.
    Just a word about Clarke, what was he on should have had a straight red for the elbow.

Credit to PW for making bold substitutions yet again.
    First Newel and then Proctor.
    Never ever gave up
    All the sufc fans I know have congratulated me (RUFC really) on my teams' performance. No problems at all stopping up they said

Such pride this weekend.

They gave up.
    Collapsed on the floor LOL

Name:  protcor.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  95.3 KB

Rotherham ought to have been 2-0 up in first ten minutes, but poor finishing again, a game
    which was a good advert for football.
    Still think we need 2 upfront at home, Henderson played a blinder for the Blades.
    I came home with some mates who are Blades fans, they said the Millers played the Blades
    off the park, & could not believe they took a point.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast