+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United Post Match Thoughts

Long time since I have been fit enough to get to a match and what a match to choose.

Just love watching Smith. His control is second to none that I can think of in a Millers shirt.
    Taylor was brilliant yesterday and well deserve the mom.

It is clear that they had players better than us but as a team we were exceptional.

Pity Jones was ill before the game but Vyner didn't let us down.

Wow! Still buzzing to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Long time since I have been fit enough to get to a match and what a match to choose.

Just love watching Smith. His control is second to none that I can think of in a Millers shirt.

It is clear that they had players better than us but as a team we were exceptional.

What frog said, talk about different emotions coming out of ground last 2 home games, I came out shellshocked against Swansea, and we had won, but came out buzzing yesterday, and we hadn't won. Chris Wilder was very open about his teams performance, and more than complimentary about ours. The stats look pretty impressive, although apparently 18 of our 26 shots were from outside the area, but we were obviously getting into areas to shoot.
    The stop from Vaulks on goal line from Mcgoldrick just before half time was a massive turning point because going in at 2-0 down would have been really difficult to get back. It has been said that both our goals came courtesy of deflections, which is true, first one deflected in and second one deflected to goal scorer, but because we got the ball into the box so often, we had plenty of deflections that didn't fall to us, or we would most definitely had won, and even the Mcgoldrick chance, took 2 deflections off Rotherham players to get to him.
    I can't describe how proud I am of this group of players we have, and we are slowly starting to earn some respect from supporters of other teams, so massive plus for that, but now we put this game behind us, it's gone, and move on to Tuesday night with another massive game against another very much in form team.
    I don't want QPR to be an 'After the Lord mayors show' game, because we can't afford to treat any team in this division with anything else but total respect, and QPR most certainly deserve every bit of that respect.

Didn’t someone on here say we would get thrashed 4-1?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Oh was that mcgoldrick?
    I wondered if he had touched the ball today.
    You,RE paying him too much.
    Oliver Norwood falls into the same category
    Duffy,s a good player though. Wish we could afford his wages
    Trust me mi owd pal,Norwood is a top player at this level,he's been brilliant since he arrived but yesdi he was like most of our boys,poor to say the least and Rovrum deserve credit for that.McGoldrick has some brilliant touches but his finishin has been poor.I stand by what i said yesdi,Rovrum were the better side but when we got in front that late in't game we shudda been able to see the game out but that wudda been very harsh on the Millers.UTCB

yes rodcurrie you should of been able to see the game out with that little time remaining

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    yes rodcurrie you should of been able to see the game out with that little time remaining
    I don't think Rodney himself was to blame for the Blunts conceding as late as they did.
    At the end of the day though lads, would you all have taken a point before this big local SY derby match ?.

I though we were a bit naive at times short of that bit of old head class but worth our point.If we could even get a last pay day class player that would help us stay up I’d take him.

Seems to be same old thing we play really well against teams ie derby sheff utd and all you get is all team had an off day not that the millers didnt let them play.

The fruits of all Warney's hard work and total belief in what he is trying to build at RUFC were there for all to see on Saturday. Players who have come in for stick from us fans in the past for blowing too hot and cold ran their blood to water and you could see that they were all - to a man - thoroughly enjoying it! The commitment to the cause throughout the team was unquestionable.

You could nit pick and question some of the decision making by one or two players, but this is a young squad still on the learning curve (getting less steep by the week!) and they will continue to learn and improve in what is turning out to be very interesting Championship season. When we get the away win monkey off our back at Hillsborough () and a couple of shrewd signings/loans in January it's anybody's guess where we could finish. Get yer money on top half

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post

Wasn’t a pity for me, even though Vyner gets plenty of stick (from me) I’d preferred him playing in this game than Jones, don’t think Jones would have been quick enough.
    Vyner s best game imo, let’s hope he keeps it up and keeps me quiet haha

Glad Manning was took off, his corners were rubbish.

Taylor definitely MOTM

Shame we didn’t get 3 points but it was a very entertaining game

Spot on with the subs Warney

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast