+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Have we hit a rocky patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I'm not talking just BRFCS.. I talking multiple Rovers fan sources.
    Look. We lost a game.

I'm in agreement. With all the negative people.

Sack Mowbray. Sack Waggott.

Send Dack back to Div1. And prepare for life back in that division. As it's clear we are ****e. And going down.

That's fair? I'm happy with that.

I think opinions are fair and relatively balanced on here with good reasoning behind them, including my own. My point being, if you chose to post elsewhere, you'd find it a lot worse.

I agree.

Dack is a joke. Sell him.

If he ever plays again for us, 8m d9he.

Sack Mowbray. He owes everyone an apology. Disgusting. I actually want a personal apology.

And accept we are heading back to Div1.

None of this is am overreaction. It's so I fair.

I'm happy to be just part of it. **** my support and season ticket. In the bin they remain.

Am I safe to give my thoughts at this juncture???
    Go on then I’ll risk it!
    Managed to listen to second half yest.
    It was clear that we had started cold (it happens), but seemingly we had bettered from beyond PNE’s second strike.
    DG was introduced (I assume) to add some nous to our forward line, and that brought dividends in terms of he gave us a platform of hope to swing it.
    Limited viewing of Palmer I know, but I’m with Aucks, I’m non too sure about him as he rarely delivers a ‘end product’.
    Aah yes BD, he is now a marked man so he needs to work out how to deal with the heightened challenge of finding and working opportunities. Always was gona be really. However, all players go through spells , and he/we just need to be patient.
    Seems he was not the only one on a ‘off day’, and PNE fully capitalised on it. As anyone would expect.
    Was TM out manoeuvred, or did he make some unsuccessful calls ? I don’t know.
    But he’s made far more good than bad and well - all managers make the wrong calls from time to time.
    We were always gona lose far more than last year, we were never gona have ‘good games’ every week. We are a fair way ahead of any ‘target’ that would have been laid down at the outset. We have a platform to cement our place this season. I seem to recall that was the wish of virtually every supporter.
    Unfortunately we (a fair amount of the support) have got ahead of ourselves aspirationally due to our excellent start.
    We were never bound for Prem promotion glory this season IMO, so we’re still on track.
    Each of our comments are IMO very reasoned - we (the squad) need to go over what we did (unsuccessfully) on Sat and work on corrections for the wigwam match.
    Champs, you’re hurting understandably , but please don’t go over the top when responding to us others when we air our thoughts re a match.
    No one that I can tell is calling for anyone’s head or predicting a meltdown. Fear of this being our ‘sticky patch’ yes, as it is very clear when you hit one in this tight league you can fall a fair way.

Peace 🙂
    Last edited by Despair; 25-11-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Despair - I'm a bit amazed by this thread.
    Your assessment of the game sums it up pretty well.
    The bizarre thing is we could easily have scored more in the middle-period, creating some good attacking opportunities. Against that, we looked likely to concede at any moment. Heaven knows why, with that normally sound line-up.
    I'm not clear who Champs has launched his attack against.
    Saxo has a tendency to generalise too quickly from one performance, but he was really only asking a question that will be raised again if we lose against Wigan.
    I have no real problem with "rocky patches", anyway: everybody has them!
    The rest of the comments here simply state the truth. We played poorly in this particular game.
    To be honest, I thought my opening two comments were SUPPORTIVE of Mowbray and the team - but there you go!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Despair - I'm a bit amazed by this thread.
    Your assessment of the game sums it up pretty well.
    The bizarre thing is we could easily have scored more in the middle-period, creating some good attacking opportunities. Against that, we looked likely to concede at any moment. Heaven knows why, with that normally sound line-up.
    I'm not clear who Champs has launched his attack against.
    Saxo has a tendency to generalise too quickly from one performance, but he was really only asking a question that will be raised again if we lose against Wigan.
    I have no real problem with "rocky patches", anyway: everybody has them!
    The rest of the comments here simply state the truth. We played poorly in this particular game.
    To be honest, I thought my opening two comments were SUPPORTIVE of Mowbray and the team - but there you go!
    My view is not based on one performance..

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    My view is not based on one performance..
    Sorry, Saxo. I didn't make myself clear there. I get what you're saying.
    I meant that, in the past, Champs has turned on you when you have put too much emphasis on one bad showing by a particular player, or the team as a whole. At times, I agreed with him.
    I don't think you are guilty of that in this case.
    To go back to your original point, we have battled away to earn our current position, but there have been very few games where we have looked vastly superior to the opposition. Why? Because we're not!
    It is a simple fact that several other Clubs have better man-for-man squads. On top of that, a pattern for us has been that we seem to play in snatches. I don't think there has been a single game that we have dominated throughout.
    I have no problem with this at all. Mowbray has said, time and again, that he is looking at progress over another three or four transfer periods.
    I agree with you, though, that criticisms of particular players, performances or even the manager's team-selection are legitimate, and part-and-parcel of a fans' forum.
    What I think is v*tal, though, is that they are impartial, and not based on pre-existing prejudices, which is what happens so much on other sites. If Palmer has a couple of excellent matches now, I will be delighted. For the moment, however, I think it is fair to ask why he is ahead of, say, Brereton, Rothwell (and Nuttall?) in the pecking-order.
    I think it is also obvious that we are a genuine target-man short. Brereton may eventually come into this category, but TM is saying he is not suitable for that slot at the moment. Dack, Armstrong, Palmer and Brereton (possibly) all look best suited to the same position (No. 10 or support-striker). We have too many in that role, and perhaps TM has been trying to accommodate too many of them at the same time. Just a thought.
    I still quite like 4-4-2, but you probably need a Chapman-type on one flank for that.
    Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, if we are mid-table in January, with the prospect of a couple of new players, I will be happy.
    Like you, though, I will continue to comment on what I see in front of me. I'm not very good at blind faith!

Bump

Well, I have to say you were outplayed tonight .. Fair result

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Well, I have to say you were outplayed tonight .. Fair result
    Yes, the bubble of confidence and self-belief that carried us through from last season has well and truly burst now.
    This is where TM will earn his corn.
    Everybody will have their own solution, of course, but the fact is, about five or six of our players are going through a bad patch at the same time, and that includes Dack, who we have relied on so heavily to provide the unexpected.
    Our defence suddenly looks very shaky, but I don't think the answer is to turn it upside down.
    I think, instead, Mowbray will have to look at trying to make more happen further forward - perhaps even risking two more creative players in central midfield.
    The good thing about "bad runs" is that it only takes one win to end them! (That's me with my glass half full!)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)