+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have we hit a rocky patch?

Have we hit a rocky patch?

These last 2 results suggest maybe..

Ah well, gotta keep going..!

Enter Champs with a positive spin ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Enter Champs with a positive spin ..
    Sometime on Monday.. Probably..!

Let's be honest. That was pretty bad, apart from the middle half-hour.
    The back five, Smallwood, Reed and Bennett are normally very sound, defensively, but we looked likely to concede every time Preston attacked today.
    Very annoying for TM, who must be as mystified as we are as to why it all fell apart today - especially fielding what most people would see as our best back four.
    What a time for Nyambe and Williams to have their poorest games!

My concern is this.. Are we really a team of league one standard that has started the season well by playing 'above' ourselves..? If we fall back into not working harder than the opposition, will positive results become less frequent?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    My concern is this.. Are we really a team of league one standard that has started the season well by playing 'above' ourselves..? If we fall back into not working harder than the opposition, will positive results become less frequent?
    I don't think there is any doubt about that, Saxo. Our team-spirit and attitude have got us this far.
    The Wigan game now becomes a real test of the players' characters. We don't have to win it; it is more a matter of effort and mindset.
    The Telegraph site yet again displays colossal hypocrisy on the part of some posters, though.
    There are those who have disliked Mowbray from the start, and would select their "judgements" being proved correct above the team doing well.
    Suddenly, the back four most people called for is "rubbish"! And Graham? He "had to be dropped". Now? He "should have been on from the start"!
    It's almost as if what you said yesterday doesn't exist any more. Is this the influence of the Age of Trump?
    The one player I have been a bit puzzled about for some time is Palmer. Is there something contractual we don't know about? I only ask because he has been chosen several times while other newcomers have had to wait and wait.
    I would say he has only had about two good half-hours so far.
    TM opted for speed today, and it didn't work, but I don't suppose he envisaged coming back from nil-two down after ten minutes!
    Before we conclude that Mowbray is rubbish and virtually everybody should be dropped, let's see how the players react on Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Sorry - posted same thing twice!

We need to be mindful that yesterday was a shambles but that's one game
    Against Rotherham we were by far the better team and with the chances we had we could of won 4 games,so let's not overreact too much.
    Lose to Wigan and maybe we could be hitting a rough patch.

We have lost a game. We are 10th.
    Get a ****ing grip.

In 2 weeks everyone will be joining in praising them again.

Pathetic reactions again.

Calm down champs
    I thought the above reactions we well thought out and not overreacting.
    If of course you are aiming not at the board and social media then yes complete over the top.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)