+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Have we hit a rocky patch?

As said above the confidence has gone
    We need to dig deep now as we are smack dab in the middle
    A few wins and we are back in the hunt,a couple more losses and we can easily slip into danger.
    9 points off the bottom 3 can soon disappear if we continue to not only lose but ship goals as well.
    Well what to do?
    First thing to look at is why are we suddenly shipping goals a plenty
    Possibly go back to basics,look at what made us so secure and stable back at the start of the season and go back to that place if we can of course.
    So that leaves dack
    The player has been dipping for a while and now he is pretty much at the bottom confidence wise
    Will dropping him help?not so sure but we cannot afford to carry passengers and currently that's what he is.

We have to avoid panic, I reckon. It's also important to remember that we are not the only club in the League! That sounds daft, I know, but seven other teams lost in the latest round of midweek matches and six of them were below us in the table.
    By definition, not all of those in the bottom half can go on a good run at the same time.
    We need a high-energy first 20 minutes on Saturday - preferably including a goal. Sometimes, you need a lucky break or two as well.
    I never believed we could go a whole season without a spell like this; it's just a question of turning it round before a bad run turns into free fall. I don't believe the latter is at all likely.
    One big thing, though: we don't seem to have been very good at outmuscling teams in the last couple of months. That's certainly what Wigan did to us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)