+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match Ratings From A Wetherspoons In Blackpool

Match Ratings From A Wetherspoons In Blackpool

Fitz..... One very dodgy moment and one great save, we were right in line and looked a goal all the way. 7
    Davies....Did ok but a right back he isn't. 6
    Turley..... The man's a monster! What a tackle that was in the first half. Lucky lucky though not to concede a penalty. 7
    Ward.... My MOTM . Just looked class.8
    Jones.... Did ok but Morecambe had nothing down his side until they bought Great Uncle Gary on. 6
    Hewitt....Played well, especially first half and great cross for the goal. 7
    Milsom... Same old same old .6
    Enzio....N/A
    Thomas..... A feckin poor excuse for a footballer. 3
    Patching..... No pun intended, good in patches. 6
    Dennis..... Best game for Notts, great finish and never stopped battling. Should have scored in the first half though. 7
    Subs
    Husin..... I honestly can't rate that performance, it as to be up there with one of the worst I have seen. Why Chettle didn't sub the sub is seriously beyond me.
    Etete....N/A

I can't say about the ratings but I feel that we are a better team without Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Fitz..... One very dodgy moment and one great save, we were right in line and looked a goal all the way. 7
    Davies....Did ok but a right back he isn't. 6
    Turley..... The man's a monster! What a tackle that was in the first half. Lucky lucky though not to concede a penalty. 7
    Ward.... My MOTM . Just looked class.8
    Jones.... Did ok but Morecambe had nothing down his side until they bought Great Uncle Gary on. 6
    Hewitt....Played well, especially first half and great cross for the goal. 7
    Milsom... Same old same old .6
    Enzio....N/A
    Thomas..... A feckin poor excuse for a footballer. 3
    Patching..... No pun intended, good in patches. 6
    Dennis..... Best game for Notts, great finish and never stopped battling. Should have scored in the first half though. 7
    Subs
    Husin..... I honestly can't rate that performance, it as to be up there with one of the worst I have seen. Why Chettle didn't sub the sub is seriously beyond me.
    Etete....N/A
    Agree with those. Very poor game, very little quality from either side. We had some nice link-up play down the right-hand flank at times in the first half, but very disappointing that we dropped so deep and couldn’t hold on to the ball for the last 30 minutes. The fact we have dropped so many points from our second-half performances remains a big worry. Other teams go up a gear, even if it’s just lumping the ball ino the box (like Port Vale and Morecambe did), but we seem incapable of responding. Their subs made a difference, too, with Ellison giving them more of an aerial threat. Our subs, on the other hand, never introduce any new threat. Why we need Duffy and Brisley on the bench is anyone’s guess. Still, at least they never made it onto the pitch.

The bad news is our next three games are Carlisle (fourth best away record), Mansfield (who we never turn up against anyway) and Tranmere. We need a big performance on Tuesday, especially given how dire we’ve been in the last two home league games against Oldham and Cheltenham.

... agree with Navy .. in Turley we have a gem of a player - equal MOM with Ward for me - also showing good leadership. With luck never again the cheat Duffer. Don't know what's happened with Milsom... shadow of his best self. Inexplcable putting on Husin who patrolled the half-way line throughout ad a first line of defence when we needed offensive action, ie. Etete.

Yup - a complete lack of quality from both sides. Dennis certainly deserved his goal though. Can't be easy to battle away on your own up front.

One thing that struck me is how we seemed to lose a whole dimension without Enzio on the pitch. There was no outlet really, other than the big boot up to Dennis. Thomas is quick, but he can't beat his man, so his pace is pretty much worthless. Let's hope Enzio is back for Tuesday, or at least the Mansfield game (shudder).

... ps: thought Hewitt had a good all round game too - made the goal. Makes you realise P4U spouts cr4p sometimes ...

I have asked before,what does Thomas bring to the team??
    Nothing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... ps: thought Hewitt had a good all round game too - made the goal. Makes you realise P4U spouts cr4p sometimes ...
    Just an observation. Hewitt did have a better game but the good work and cross for our goal was cancelled out when he let his man (number 16) just peel away from him for their goal. Their player then had the space and time to direct his header goalwards and Ward could not get anywhere near him to stop it. This is why so many do not rate him as he does this time and time again. More times than not, it leads to goals against. If he stayed with his man and got tighter, then maybe our goals against wouldn't be so bad. This is not saying it is all down to Hewitt as the rest of the team needs to take alot of the blame, but with Hewitt you can see it more due to the timeand space he gives the opposition and then his inability to get a tackle or header in.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I have asked before,what does Thomas bring to the team??
    Nothing imo.
    100% agree. Should be sent back as soon as, hopefully quicker

Ozzie is fit again, get him back in the squad...