+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wolves v Huddersfield Matchday Thread

A few further thoughts on Sundays poor display. Having seen the highlights on match of the day, just how close was the header from Jiminez. The goal line technology showed that it was about 2 centimetres from being totally over the line. On such fine margins results can change.

I ask the question, why was Costa leaving such a gap in the wall for their second? If it was for the keeper to see, his starting position was wrong. Vinagre, I thought had a good game going forward, although at times his defensive frailties were exposed. What MOTD failed to show, was the lad being crudely hacked down in the second half when he was running towards the visitors goal.

While we had goodness how many players away with International teams Huddersfield I believe had one, while the rest of their squad had been away training in Spain. The effect of these International breaks does affect teams, but I suppose it is one of the problems of having top players.

I said in my report that Huddersfield were wasting time and their keeper was warned by the referee early in the first half. So they are leading 2-0 in the three minutes of injury time, and what do they do, bring on three substitutes. This needs to be stopped by the authorities as it is making a mockery of the rules.

Towards the end, the Huddersfield supporters were having a good spell of keep ball and started the chant of "We are taking the p I s s " and they were. Many more performances like this one and the fans love affair with Nuno will soon turn sour. It will not take much for many of our fickle fans to turn. I saw a tweet last night, that simply said "Nuno Out" I hope it was in jest.

As Gav states Cardiff is now a must win game, Warnock will be rubbing his hands in anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    There are two games so far this season that i have come away and stated Wolves have got what they deserve, the Watford defeat and the one today. What i see similar in both defeats is Wolves have been pressed high when on the ball. Our full back threat has been stopped and our midfield not given time on the ball.

Fair play to Huddersfield, they set their own tempo when in possession of the ball. Their keeper was happy to slow the game down, happy to go long to their forward, knocked the ball down to bring the likes of Billing, Mooy and Pritchard into play. I thought both Billing and Mooy were excellent for the visitors.

What a total contrast in performances today's was to that of the one away to Arsenal in our last game. I think Wolves' style of play is more suited to playing against the likes of Arsenal, Man.City, Man.Utd and Spurs. When we are faced with high pressing opposition we struggle.

To think only one enforced change was made to the side that faced Arsenal. I think Vinagre can offer Wolves something going forward, but defensively he looked a bit lightweight, but all over the pitch, especially the first half we rarely one any 50/50 balls, our passing was off the standard we have got used to and was often rushed, but when the outlet isn't there, we go long. It's all very well lumping it up to Jiminez, but even with his hold up play and flick ons, he has no back up. At least he had some sort of back up once Traore and Gibbs-White came on.

Huddersfield in the first half deservedly took the lead, it's just a pity at 1-0 wolves couldn't offer anything of note. The half was as bad as the Watford first half. The changes at the start of the season half couldn't come soon enough with both Traore and Gibbs-White coming on for Cavaleiro and Moutinho. I think Wolves often sit too deep when both Moutinho and Neves start, but it serves us well when hitting the so called bigger clubs on the break.

There's often times in games when i look at turning points in games, there were two in the second half for Jiminez, the chance cleared off the line and the chance where he was through on goal being played onside by the injured Huddersfield defender. Better decision making needed, but again no Wolves player within distance to play the ball to. I'll have to see the second Mooy goal again as at the time i thought Patricio could have done better with the free-kick.

Four defeats in five now and already i think we need to start getting points on board, starting with game away to Cardiff on Friday!
    Patricio was at fault on the free kick, the wall should've been set up to cover the near post as he was always going to be unsighted by the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Patricio was at fault on the free kick, the wall should've been set up to cover the near post as he was always going to be unsighted by the wall.
    I've seen it a few times now and still think he could've done better. But he's saved Wolves many times so far in his short Wolves career.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)