+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tivoli End/ North Stand, banter with keepers

Tivoli End/ North Stand, banter with keepers

Dean Henderson has now joined a group of opposition goalkeepers, who down the years has enjoyed a "rapport" with the millers faithful behind the goal:

The Dagenham and Redbridge keeper, if I remember was a bit of court jester. For cricket lovers he was very similar to Derek Randall in mannerisms. Very fidgety and loved to turn round and give the Kop some banter.

Less good natured was Chris Marples the York and Chesterfield keeper. I remember York scoring a late winner with us and Marples reaction sparked an angry response.

Fair play to Henderson yesterday, he was sublime. Some of the saves were outstanding and he has the quality to back up his cocky disposition.

Can you remember any other opposition keepers who have had the crack with the Kop?

At fulltime he applauded every stand aswell. He's a very good young keeper and made some truly outstanding saves yesterday. United like us will be hoping come January bigger clubs don't come knocking for their keeper.

He isn't their keeper. On loan from manu.

Mike Pollitt took had some grief when he defected to chessy

Henderson was out standing yesterday, I stood and applauded the lad yesterday on the saves he made,
    Man of the match for me, kept the Blades in the game.
    Good to see a opposing keeper get the respect he deserved, which he responded to at the end of the
    game.

When Polly was playing for us we played Chester away and their keeper was called Sollitt...no honestly.
    The chant was......"Are you Pollitt with an S".

Keeper keeper where's ya wife..
    She's here she's there she's every****ingwhere she's a slag..
    Your lass takes it up the ass..
    Your mum takes it up the bum..

A few old pre kickoff favourites from the tivoli end to any opposition keeper.

I remember our fans and Bruce Grobbelaar having some great banter when he was playing for Exeter City (I think), he'd been involved in a cash -for -goals scandal so the chant was Brucie Brucie sell us a goal. He responded with hand gestures like rubbing notes between his fingers or opening a wallet!

Tony Roberts was daggers keeper and he shot to fame by doing bump grind and thrusting actions in front of the Tiv to that song

Lionel Perez was winding the Tivoli up when he was Cambridge’s keeper.
    I used to sit in the main stand so don’t know what he did but heard the ruptions and he then got booked.

Our own keeper Steve Cherry took it to the next level with his 'You Fat B@st@rd' Chubby Brown t shirt underneath his goalie top. He really was a fat b@st@rd too. Whenever opposition fans gave him the inevitable chants, he put his goalie top over his head and showed them his t shirt.
    It would have been funny if he wasn't such a c@ck.