+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dead Certs to go down ....

Dead Certs to go down ....

That's it. We are doomed.

Relegation to Div1 is sealed. And I think we will drop straight through there aswell. And head into Div2

All because we lost a game of football?
    I know seems ****ing mental doesn't it?

What kind of a **** must I be to react like this.

If you can show me one poster, here, who has said anything like that, I will agree with you.

in one game we went from 5 point outside the play offs, way above midtable ........

to a Div1 side punching above their weight?
    One game.

I thought this thread was about the Clarets .. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I thought this thread was about the Clarets .. Lol

All jokes aside Alf. Even with things not looking good right now, you simply never know.
    Its a long season and you have plenty of time to pull away.
    If you take away the top 5, I actually don't think there is much difference between the rest of the division.
    Watford are doing ok this season, they will likely go down next?
    I watched Wolves vrs Huddersfield on Sun, and you vrs Toon last night. The games where no different to our league, the standard was no better.

I'm at a loss as why clubs like us and other big Championship clubs are accepting £1.6m TV money for the next 6 years. When clubs like Hudds, Burnley etc are getting a huge cut of £4.2 billion.
    They aren't adding any quality to that league? They aren't investing. They aren't contributing. They play quite poor football. But are put on a different planet financially.

If Burnley fans had a huge issue with a local businessman who was chairman of our club, investing in his local club who he had association with? I interested in how they view the fairness of this? They will have earnt more in TV in 3 seasons than Jack walker put into Rovers, which won us a league. Abd after all that money, they are actually now going backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    All jokes aside Alf. Even with things not looking good right now, you simply never know.
    Its a long season and you have plenty of time to pull away.
    If you take away the top 5, I actually don't think there is much difference between the rest of the division.
    Watford are doing ok this season, they will likely go down next?
    I watched Wolves vrs Huddersfield on Sun, and you vrs Toon last night. The games where no different to our league, the standard was no better.

I'm at a loss as why clubs like us and other big Championship clubs are accepting £1.6m TV money for the next 6 years. When clubs like Hudds, Burnley etc are getting a huge cut of £4.2 billion.
    They aren't adding any quality to that league? They aren't investing. They aren't contributing. They play quite poor football. But are put on a different planet financially.

If Burnley fans had a huge issue with a local businessman who was chairman of our club, investing in his local club who he had association with? I interested in how they view the fairness of this? They will have earnt more in TV in 3 seasons than Jack walker put into Rovers, which won us a league. Abd after all that money, they are actually now going backwards.
    Strange decision by the clubs to accept that deal Champs,a very poor one indeed.. I agree there isn't much difference between the bottom 12 in the premier and the championship sides ,but the financial rewards are unbelievable high compared to the championship..Burnley should have invested heavily before the season and now we are paying the price of not doing.. We really need to stay up this season as the rewards are even bigger next season,but it's not going to happen if the board aren't willing to spend the money..

That is until the euro super league is launched , then watch the revenue drop!
    Maybe that’s the reason behind accepting what’s being taken up today ?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Strange decision by the clubs to accept that deal Champs,a very poor one indeed.. I agree there isn't much difference between the bottom 12 in the premier and the championship sides ,but the financial rewards are unbelievable high compared to the championship..Burnley should have invested heavily before the season and now we are paying the price of not doing.. We really need to stay up this season as the rewards are even bigger next season,but it's not going to happen if the board aren't willing to spend the money..

That's why I was always confused why fans craved going up there? You cant and wont compete for more than the odd season in 20 .....so all that happens is, you go up, lose most weeks, and 3 Board members get extremely rich?
    Call me cynical, but why are fans in such a rush to see some bloke you will never meet, who happens to be a board member pocketing millions upon millions. Why would that be exciting for a fan?

I see we have one person here craving we get back into the Prem. The rest seem to hold the same view. I really hope we stay where we are for a while. From a fans POV this level is much better.

The ones who demand we go up, will come back for a season, then disappear again when we go back down.

I didn't read this thread until I'd replied to the other one, but my comments about the PL there very much apply here.
    Despair's point about a Super League raises another relevant issue.
    As you all know, I am in favour of that change, but I'm not thinking of the cash side. I just think it would turn the PL into a proper footballing Division again, with the vast majority of the teams on a relatively level playing-field.
    I accept that money will rule in the end, however.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)