+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to change our Union Flag.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I know May is as weak as a piece of paper but you talk the same bollox as Corbyn! You will be saying you can fund Uni fees next

Love him or hate him - Trump would go tell the EU to go feck themselves and for sure, he would get some lucrative trade deals! I would get Macron and that slimy **** of a Irish PM in a dingy with Diane Abbott and they could finish off what Corbyn started at sea or be shark bait

Lets hope this crap deal is rejected!
    How did I know you'd have some admiration for Trump!
    It's the USA who call the shots - not that c*** Trump. You just love him because he makes Hitler look like a liberal, and I bet you'd have had a liking for him as well.
    (Not as "intelligent" as Johnson, mind. )

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I think you mean larger economy not greater. It's unempoloyment that's greater that ours with the Euro Zone more than double that of the UK.

More efficient that us. That's a laugh.
    So where is your logic...if we have such great unemployment figures as a member of the EU, why are you so keen for us to leave?

And I'm sure an intelligent fella such as yourself understands how employment figures are manipulated to hit government targets. I could effectively have a zero hours job, work one hour per week and be classed as 'employed'.

The Tories definition of employed is one that makes their figures look rosy, last year the ONS said unemployment in the UK was 4 times higher than the official government statistic.

But anyway, thanks for stating larger rather than greater. Well done.

The manipulation of unemployment figures is not an exclusively British phenomena........

https://www.dw.com/en/debunking-the-...ent/a-42025200
    Last edited by Albionic68; 27-11-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    The manipulation of unemployment figures is not an exclusively British phenomena........

https://www.dw.com/en/debunking-the-...ent/a-42025200
    Exactly, that why using employment figures is a poor measuring tool.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Exactly, that why using employment figures is a poor measuring tool.
    And for all concerned.

Any ideas as to whether Macron manipulated France's recent downturn in unemployment?

As we can see from the link provided Germany certainly does, as for Greece, Italy, Spain, .........

..... who knows, Europe's unemployment figures may be even worse than suggested.

So where is your logic...if we have such great unemployment figures as a member of the EU, why are you so keen for us to leave?

And I'm sure an intelligent fella such as yourself understands how employment figures are manipulated to hit government targets. I could effectively have a zero hours job, work one hour per week and be classed as 'employed'.

The Tories definition of employed is one that makes their figures look rosy, last year the ONS said unemployment in the UK was 4 times higher than the official government statistic.

But anyway, thanks for stating larger rather than greater. Well done.
    Before I answer that can you enighten us as to how you got to the figure the EU is 100,000 times more efficient than us. Such ridiculous statements take way from any reasoned argument you may have.

Before I answer that can you enighten us as to how you got to the figure the EU is 100,000 times more efficient than us. Such ridiculous statements take way from any reasoned argument you may have.
    I don't really care what your answer is.

Three of our main industries that are efficient are foreign owned manufacturing, the healthcare industry and the financial services industry, which are all being put at risk by a hard Brexit.

I was primarily talking about our politicians. I'm sure your faith in May and her cabinet to replace central European agencies and negotiate FTAs is well placed, if that's what you want to believe.

I don't really care what your answer is.

If you don't care what my answer is why start with aquestion?

Three of our main industries that are efficient are foreign owned manufacturing, the healthcare industry and the financial services industry, which are all being put at risk by a hard Brexit.

I was primarily talking about our politicians. I'm sure your faith in May and her cabinet to replace central European agencies and negotiate FTAs is well placed, if that's what you want to believe.

Don't know where you have got the idea I have faith in May's abilities. I am appalled by where she has got us.

Didn't know you were referring to the efficiecy of our politicians v the other EU. In just which of the other 27 do you consider theirs to be so much more efficient?
    France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Poland. Or perhaps the EU parliament itself. Where do you fancy starting Brussels or Strasbourg.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 27-11-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Don't know where you have got the idea I have faith in May's abilities. I am appalled by where she has got us.

Didn't know you were referring to the efficiecy of our politicians v the other EU. In just which of the other 27 do you consider theirs to be so much more efficient?
    France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Poland. Or perhaps the EU parliament itself. Where do you fancy starting Brussels or Strasbourg.
    Because you don't answer questions, you just ask a separate question.

You clearly do have faith in May's abilities, because your leave vote gave her the platform to negotiate our future trade policy. You ensured this is what she is doing now. And you're supporting this further by questioning the efficiency of the EU.

In my opinion, I would rather have EU trade professionals to negotiate FTAs on our behalf and EU central agencies to dictate policy in their respective field.

May and her cabinet have proved they are extremely inefficient and incompetent. Its okay, it will just end up costing us much more money and decrease our standard of living.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    How did I know you'd have some admiration for Trump!
    It's the USA who call the shots - not that c*** Trump. You just love him because he makes Hitler look like a liberal, and I bet you'd have had a liking for him as well.
    (Not as "intelligent" as Johnson, mind. )

I have no admiration for Trump whatsoever. That said, the US economy seems to be doing well - ISIS have been almost wiped - nobody messes with this chap and nobody has a free ride on entry to the US anymore. Sound familiar?

May calling for a debate with Corbyn - what a feckin laugh as two remainers! Let there be a debate between May and a strong leaver but hey, she would not accept that!

So going back to Trump who yes is an arse but can you imagine him being dictated to by knobs such a Macron, Merkel and the slimy Irish PM. I don't think so!

The country overall voted to leave so get over it or perhaps go and try for an Irish passport! Don't get me started about the little **** McClean who hates everything British but loves the Pound notes with the Queens head on it!

Lets hope the pathetic farce of an agreement gets thrown out - that's not what the majority voted for! Should we also ask Donald for the contractor details for a wall at Dover

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)