+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I really don't know about that, Saxo. What I've seen so far just makes me think it isn't all about quality, anyway. Look at Rotherham. They must have a squad worth about a tenth of some of the other Championship clubs!
    One of Mowbray's great strengths is making a team more than the sum of its parts.
    I can see what you're saying, though, and I agree that "battling qualities" can only take you so far. Mowbray himself has acknowledged that many times, and he often talks about building over a couple of seasons.
    I almost hope we DON'T go on a run in the new year that takes us into the play-offs, because we might then win the lottery which follows!
    I know you don't agree, but I'd prefer another year or two in the Championship!
    The sooner we get on the prem money train, the better.. Even if we went up and came straight back down with a record low points haul, we'd be much healthier as a club for it.. We'd have generated the funding to build further..

I've never been particularly interested in the money side. Of course, you're right, and I accept that. If we go up, part of me will celebrate like every other Rovers fan, and if it's straight back down, we would be a hell of a lot richer.
    I do suspect for Venky's, though, that it's more about prestige, image and business-profile in Asia - rather than the actual cash.
    For me, I've got to an age where I'm more interested in the individual games than revisiting 1995!

I do get what your saying Auks.

And I rely (heavily) on your calming influence.

I was just fully expecting the mass hysteria that follows any defeat.

Suddenly we are just this poor Div1 side, just from one game.

It's the Championship, anyone can and will beat anyone.

We played THE form team of the division and they battered us.
    We where poor, which happens, and they where good.

If we played well, they would beat Preston. If we don't play well, we will lose.

One win does not mean we start talking about automatic promotion.

So may I ask the folk who revel in mass hysteria, why does one defeat mean everything is suddenly going to fall apart?

It makes no sense, and I have a huge problem with it. If that makes me a complete fruitcake, then fine.

I just cant get my head around it?

Its not just the defeats when we are beaten, it's the manner of them. We get soundly thrashed. If it was by the odd goal and unlucky, it'd be less of a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Its not just the defeats when we are beaten, it's the manner of them. We get soundly thrashed. If it was by the odd goal and unlucky, it'd be less of a concern.
    We have lost 4 games in 18. Are you being serious? Or trying to get a bite?

Its only the 26th Nov and already the fact we always said we would come into this league and consolidate has been completely forgotten.

Put whatever negative spin on things you want, we are sat 12th in the League. 5 points away from the Play off's. Nowhere near the relegation places. Again, without any logic or based on any run of results, I will get told now is the time we will go on a bad run. Having been told that 4 or 5 times already this season, sorry but I just happen to think we will be ok again shortly. As that bad run has never actually materialised.

I do get the weird feeling Saxo is sat waiting and praying for this to happen, so he can jump in and say 'told you so' but in reality it never happens. We just have the odd (and it is only the odd) defeat.

I always get this strange feeling some are sat waiting for us to fail. They revel in it.

I will never ever get my head around that.

We always maintained this season would be one of consolidation. Why jump in two footed when we lose one game?
    Or 4 in 18? Makes absolutely no sense?

It doesn't matter how well we play, too many Rovers fans will moan. It's one of the things that stops me going to games.
    I went to the last home game last season to thank the club and staff for turning the club round and providing a year of enjoyment.
    A guy next to me, 70 ISH and a lifelong season ticket holder, whinged, moaned and criticised everything all through the match. He never applauded or said anything positive even when we scored.
    Before he left (early) I gave him both barrels.
    I rarely go on boards for a few hours after a loss as the negative, overacting knobs are everywhere.
    Peace and love

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    It doesn't matter how well we play, too many Rovers fans will moan. It's one of the things that stops me going to games.
    I went to the last home game last season to thank the club and staff for turning the club round and providing a year of enjoyment.
    A guy next to me, 70 ISH and a lifelong season ticket holder, whinged, moaned and criticised everything all through the match. He never applauded or said anything positive even when we scored.
    Before he left (early) I gave him both barrels.
    I rarely go on boards for a few hours after a loss as the negative, overacting knobs are everywhere.
    Peace and love
    That's really hit the nail on the head.
    I just get this feeling we have more than most clubs, fans who really want us to fail.
    They are almost desperate each week for that to happen. And will view anything with negativity. A win? .....we fluked it.
    We lose......we are a Div1 side.
    I will never get my head around it.

But I can't keep putting myself in a situation where I get so wound up. As it's pretty weird for one. And it's not doing me any good.

Yet again, I'm sorry for saying things,a few days later i really regret.

I just need to remove myself from situations I clearly can't deal with like a normal person. The very things that I could do in the past, I just can't anymore.

Robin, I just wanted to say sorry.

Apology excepted
    Let's move on and hopefully get three points against Wigan and shut cooks mouth up for once.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    We have lost 4 games in 18. Are you being serious? Or trying to get a bite?
    I'm finding it difficult to explain what I mean..

Its like for us to gain positive results, we have to work incredibly hard, and when we don't do that, we get outclassed. My point is, the hard work thing may not be sustainable over a whole season, and therefore it may be inevitable our results will then suffer.

What I'm trying to say is, I believe we are quite a way off having a side that can challenge for promotion. Maybe years without several quality additions to our team.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)