+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Champs.

Sax do you, does anyone, expect us to be challenging for promotion at this stage in our progression?
    It isn't long since Coyle cleared off.
    TM is building a squad, on the cheap too.
    This season should be about consolidation and adding quality to the squad, I see that happening.
    I've watched some utter ****e players in the blue and white over the last 50 odd years. I can understand off days and players who simply don't have the quality but I won't tolerate players not putting the effort in.
    Thanks to TM I no longer see that.
    There will be ups and downs along the way but we are constantly moving in the right direction.
    We need less knee jerk reactions and more patience and understanding.

Your season is going great,you have a great manager and some decent players.. Preston was never going to be an easy game as they have improved a great deal and being a Derby match its never easy.. Wish we were in the same position in the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I'm finding it difficult to explain what I mean..

Its like for us to gain positive results, we have to work incredibly hard, and when we don't do that, we get outclassed. My point is, the hard work thing may not be sustainable over a whole season, and therefore it may be inevitable our results will then suffer.

What I'm trying to say is, I believe we are quite a way off having a side that can challenge for promotion. Maybe years without several quality additions to our team.
    I do see what you're saying, Saxo, but I'm not sure if it's a pattern or not. If it is, it isn't just us, though. I have watched many games where, once the resistance is broken, the team on top scores again.
    Having said that, however, there is another pattern which has been more frustrating to me: our not taking advantage of periods of superiority. As you suggest, I don't think we're good enough to run a whole game, but we've seen lots of matches where we haven't put the opposition away during our strong periods of pressure. Rotherham was a classic example, but - funnily enough - one of the others was the Bristol City away game - which ALSO falls into the pattern YOU are commenting on!
    We could have been out of sight in the first half-hour there, but we DID crumble later.
    I think one of the biggest traps for all of us, though, is trying to draw too many conclusions from one game.
    Every team is going to have a bad run - especially in such an even league. On top of that, luck, injuries, refereeing, etc are all factors outside a manager's or team's control.
    Even if we lose three in a row, it's not disaster. Several teams this season have already changed things around very quickly - PNE and Birmingham being two examples.
    I originally predicted 14th, and anything above that would still be a bonus for me. I always get uneasy when people get carried away and start talking about promotion. I reckon we would need an investment of about 50M pounds, just to survive in the PL.
    I wouldn't mind getting to the Play-Off Final and losing on penalties. Well, I would - obviously! - but you know what I mean. That would prolong the season's excitement and show we are going the right way.
    The only trouble is, some posters would then be blaming Mowbray for us losing the penalty shoot-out!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Your season is going great,you have a great manager and some decent players.. Preston was never going to be an easy game as they have improved a great deal and being a Derby match its never easy.. Wish we were in the same position in the premier league.
    The Ginger Allardyce has lost his touch, what's gone wrong Alfi?

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Sax do you, does anyone, expect us to be challenging for promotion at this stage in our progression?
    Champs has suggested we may be ready to challenge for automatic promotion next season.. After initially believing he could be right, I now think that's fanciful in the extreme.. We are a long way off without significant further investment in quality IMO.

Sax I guess you are on a wind up, either way you aren't worth a serious reply

Sax I guess you are on a wind up, either way you aren't worth a serious reply
    Well I can't comment further if I don't know your position.. Are you saying you believe we are close to challenging?

What's the point of coming on this board and not posting an opinion?

If all you ever do is post this is great, that is great and fudge over the negatives, its not a real forum..

I will not allow myself to be cyber intimidated by champs into censoring my opinions. This is NOT his board.

We were having a conversation but you chose to leave it and get at champs yet again. You remind me why I and so may others left this once lovely board.
    You are a disgrace to mankind.
    I don't understand people who given a chance to be nice or nasty at no expense to themselves choose the nasty route.
    Perhaps you can enlighten me?

We were having a conversation but you chose to leave it and get at champs yet again. You remind me why I and so may others left this once lovely board.
    You are a disgrace to mankind.
    I don't understand people who given a chance to be nice or nasty at no expense to themselves choose the nasty route.
    Perhaps you can enlighten me?
    Seven two.. You only ever have had goes at me as long as you've posted.. Far more than you've posted football views.. You are the same as the mods on brfcs who banned me.. Jealous of my persona and popularity and influence.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)