+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Champs.

Champs.

I can see the result has upset you.. More than you'll openly admit.. If this is how you get it out your system.. Go for it..

Eh? We lost. It's a game of foot all.

Try losing someone you love. Try that and get back to me.

You walk away from a match and get on with life. I have alot on. Work etc. This is a footy match.

Don't patronize me.

I just think it's pathetic folk act like kids when we lose. Nothing to do with the result.

It's foot all. You win some, you lose some.

Actual problems, actual loss as on people. Loved ones, is what hurts you. A football match is nothing.

Why does my opinion(or indeed others on here) bother you so much then, using that same context?

I'm agreeing.

I have sent my season ticket back. That's it for me now. I'm done.

I totally agree. I'm not going anymore. And I'm going to be really negative if I bother posting. I'm falling in line. No worries

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Why does my opinion(or indeed others on here) bother you so much then, using that same context?
    I thought more of people. That's where I am embarrassed and wrong.
    I should just have a negative view on everything and everyone.

I expect nothing now.
    Plus I've accepted how poor we are. A nothing club. And nothing going for us.

****e manager. He's clueless. And crap players like Dack who is just a joke.
    An embarrassing joke of a player. Send him back to Div1.

You can't lose a game of football. No way.

This is a job for aucks here I think.. You need his calming demonour in conversation..

But Auks is just going to be silly?

And say normal things, that a normal human being would say.

That's not needed.

Mass hysteria. Sack Mowbray.

Sell Dack. He's ****e anyway.

And accept we are going back to Div1.

That's what the the real fans will say. I want to be part of the mass hysteria.

I don't want to be normal or positive. I want to be part of this. My season ticket has gone. I'm just going to sit and boycott until Mowbray is gone. And Dack.

Champs - what Saxo is saying is that we are baffled by your reaction. There is no-one here like some of the t*ssers on the Telegraph site or (according to Saxo) the BRFC forum, which I don't read.
    Those people have been anti-Mowbray from the start, for no clear reason, and a few of them genuinely do seem to sit and wait for a poor performance, so that they can pounce.
    That is not what happened here. Robin and I both said we played badly in this game. That is indisputable. Telegraph posters are blaming the line-up. To me, it was not that complicated. Instead, each one of our back four had a poor match at the same time - although Nyambe looked good going forward.
    I can't see what you wanted us to say. That we were unlucky?
    To go back to personnel, I stick with what I said: Palmer seems to have been given more chances than the other newcomers, while appearing to be the least effective of them! That is uncharacteristic of Mowbray.
    The other thing we learned is that an 80%-fit Graham is better than no Graham. He has looked a bit jaded recently, but he offers something that Dack, Armstrong and Palmer lack the physicality for.
    Armstrong is a dilemma. He doesn't seem to have many "OK" games. He either looks excellent or disappears!
    Dack is being very closely marked, and has slightly lost his edge, but he still carves out chances.
    Our problems here were based almost entirely on defensive errors, which made this game untypical. Our more common failing has been that we haven't put teams away, when dominating them. Rotherham was a classic example.
    Bottom line, this is football. It's unpredictable. TM thought that pace might be the best option against PNE. Unfortunately, everything came undone because of errors at the back.
    If Brereton is going to be used as a "wide attacker", we still need the target-man in January. I'm beginning to conclude that Nuttall will be released, as TM clearly thinks he isn't good enough to step up. That seems a bit harsh in terms of what fans have witnessed, but we don't see training.
    All in all, we just have to hope this was a one-off. I imagine the players are desperate to make up for this performance. The Wigan game will tell us a lot.

One of the things he's took issue with is my view that perhaps a portion of our players are of league 1 standard.. I base this view upon the fact that when our players aren't 'at it', we seem to get beaten resoundingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    One of the things he's took issue with is my view that perhaps a portion of our players are of league 1 standard.. I base this view upon the fact that when our players aren't 'at it', we seem to get beaten resoundingly.
    I really don't know about that, Saxo. What I've seen so far just makes me think it isn't all about quality, anyway. Look at Rotherham. They must have a squad worth about a tenth of some of the other Championship clubs!
    One of Mowbray's great strengths is making a team more than the sum of its parts.
    I can see what you're saying, though, and I agree that "battling qualities" can only take you so far. Mowbray himself has acknowledged that many times, and he often talks about building over a couple of seasons.
    I almost hope we DON'T go on a run in the new year that takes us into the play-offs, because we might then win the lottery which follows!
    I know you don't agree, but I'd prefer another year or two in the Championship!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)