+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Champs.

I've tried to engage with you, but its clearly useless.. Just looking for an argument where there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I'm finding it difficult to explain what I mean..

Its like for us to gain positive results, we have to work incredibly hard, and when we don't do that, we get outclassed. My point is, the hard work thing may not be sustainable over a whole season, and therefore it may be inevitable our results will then suffer.

What I'm trying to say is, I believe we are quite a way off having a side that can challenge for promotion. Maybe years without several quality additions to our team.

Derby have spent BIG!! untold millions, upon millions.
    They are 5 points above us. Not exactly miles off.

If we had gone up, spent big, and just bombed the likes of Smallwood, Bennett, Graham in favour of expensive signings, it could cause a lot more damage than good. Look at Fulham? They did that, and had to sack the manager. It doesn't work that way. You simply have to build slowly. Over a few seasons.
    We have tonnes of money, look at what we spent on Brereton who WAS bought for next season.

We never set off this season going for the play-offs. We have just started well. If we are around those places Venkys will want to spend big! Then again in the summer.
    That's the way to do it. Slowly but surley.

We do have a plan. And its one of those where you kind of have to trust the manager, and the plan put in action.

Its worked unbelievably well so far. We went up with Wigan and Rotherham. Neither are close points wise to us.

Don't think I am constantly having a go.

Just I remember last season.

And I don't feel this club will ever be good enough for you. We 'should' win promotion. No achievement. When we went up, I think you deep down expected us to go straight through the Champ. Unrealistic. And unfair.

Unless it has a very rich benefactor and is playing in the Prem. But also they HAVE to be winning, or picking up results.

1992-1996 was a very brief, unrealistic time in our long history. It simply wont be repeated.

You wont agree, but if/when we got up this time, it would be through actual achievement. And not buying the best players in whichever division we are in, and just outspending our rivals. Which takes no real skill, or knowledge. Its just shopping at Harrods when the rest of the league shops at Netto.
    This time we can actually be proud.

Good points, Champs.
    I do think, though, that if we went up, we would have to look to Venky's pockets again - in quite a big way. I expect there to be a couple of signings in January, but if we somehow scraped into the PL (through the play-offs), which I think is highly unlikely, those two certainly wouldn't be enough to ensure survival.
    Realistically, to make sure you avoid relegation, you have to take about 35 points from the other clubs in the bottom 12, with a couple of draws thrown in from games against the top eight. I suppose it's interesting, in a tense sort of way, but it can be pretty grim and dour too.
    To be fair to Saxo, he doesn't mind that. He thinks the PL is where you need to be, however you have play. I've never been so sure, despite the huge cash incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Derby have spent BIG!! untold millions, upon millions.
    They are 5 points above us. Not exactly miles off.

If we had gone up, spent big, and just bombed the likes of Smallwood, Bennett, Graham in favour of expensive signings, it could cause a lot more damage than good. Look at Fulham? They did that, and had to sack the manager. It doesn't work that way. You simply have to build slowly. Over a few seasons.
    We have tonnes of money, look at what we spent on Brereton who WAS bought for next season.

We never set off this season going for the play-offs. We have just started well. If we are around those places Venkys will want to spend big! Then again in the summer.
    That's the way to do it. Slowly but surley.

We do have a plan. And its one of those where you kind of have to trust the manager, and the plan put in action.

Its worked unbelievably well so far. We went up with Wigan and Rotherham. Neither are close points wise to us.

Don't think I am constantly having a go.

Just I remember last season.

And I don't feel this club will ever be good enough for you. We 'should' win promotion. No achievement. When we went up, I think you deep down expected us to go straight through the Champ. Unrealistic. And unfair.

Unless it has a very rich benefactor and is playing in the Prem. But also they HAVE to be winning, or picking up results.

1992-1996 was a very brief, unrealistic time in our long history. It simply wont be repeated.

You wont agree, but if/when we got up this time, it would be through actual achievement. And not buying the best players in whichever division we are in, and just outspending our rivals. Which takes no real skill, or knowledge. Its just shopping at Harrods when the rest of the league shops at Netto.
    This time we can actually be proud.
    Don't think cos I question things that I'm not a proud Rover.. I'm 100% behind Mowbray and proud of his and the players acheivements and delighted TM is our manager.. At this moment in time, I can't think of anyone better or more suited to the job.

I LOVE my family.. It doesn't stop me questioning them at times..!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Don't think cos I question things that I'm not a proud Rover.. I'm 100% behind Mowbray and proud of his and the players acheivements and delighted TM is our manager.. At this moment in time, I can't think of anyone better or more suited to the job.

I LOVE my family.. It doesn't stop me questioning them at times..!
    when they visit you ? Lol,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)