I was pleased when we got Gary Rowett and disappointed when he left but whatever happens on Wednesday I’m much happier with Lampard...better football, better signings, better team spirit, more charismatic manager and so much more in the way of joined up thought as regards the development of a proper squad.
Having said all that, Rowett is no fool and Stoke will be a tough nut to crack. They’re a big hard experienced side and it looks like being a wild and windswept night at one of the most exposed grounds in the country. Could be one of those weather effected ‘games of two halves’ and maybe one where the side who plays best with the ball on the ground - that should be us - will reap the reward.
Likely to be a night for fighters so maybe retain Wisdom despite his shortcomings yesterday and find a place for the likes of Waghorn and perhaps BJ. Could well be one for Mount to miss and maybe Bryson will have something to prove having been discarded by Rowett last season. I’d keep Davies in as captain, which doesn’t necessarily mean dropping Tomori, and with a little luck I’ll go for a 3-1 victory.